Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ranger warranty work...

Ranger warranty work...

The plastic fitting on my Ranger gave up the ghost on my last dive trip to Florida, a few weeks ago. The leak wasn't bad and I was weighted correctly, so waited to get back home to get it fixed.

It was the big knurled nut where the exhaust hose attaches that split, not the female fitting on the bladder, so the fix was easy. The dealer, where I purchased the rig over 10 years ago, fixed it for a little over $30 using a part he had in stock.

Although I don't have a problem with it, I was a little miffed that they told me it was a "non-warranty" repair covering normal wear and tear. I asked what the "lifetime warranty covered" and the guy pointed to the piping on the bladder cover (what?).

Last time it had warranty work, Zeagle took care of it, no problem. Since the LDS charged me over $30 to ship it that previous time, the charges on this last repair didn't hang me up. I got it back in 45 minutes,instead of a week or more.

Still, I'm a little miffed over the statement that this would not be warrantable. What if it was the entire hose assembly or something like a split bladder?

Call me curious. I love my Ranger, btw.

Rockhound,

I don't believe that was the correct resolution of your problem. For the original owner, the Ranger is guaranteed against defects in materials and workmanship for life, with the exception of hoses and o-rings.

I cracked the same part on one of the Rangers in my dive locker. My LDS swapped it out for free.
    Chilly

Shark Founding Member
    You don't have to use your LDS to send stuff back to Zeagle for repair, you can send it directly with a note inside explaining what the problem is. More likely than not, it'll be returned to you with no charge....Zeagle is great that way!
    ScubaToys and Zeagle....it just doesn't get better than that!

Barracuda Founding Member
    Might the problem be that your LDS is not a Zeagle dealer. Apparently, an LDs can be a Pinnacle dealer (wetsuits), but not a Zeagle dealer (regs & BCD).

TadPole
    I had to have the buckle on my cumberbund replaced. It had completely broken off. The ranger is about 12 years old. My LDS replaced it for free, so i dont see how yours was not done under warranty.

Grouper Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound76 View Post
    The plastic fitting on my Ranger gave up the ghost on my last dive trip to Florida, a few weeks ago. The leak wasn't bad and I was weighted correctly, so waited to get back home to get it fixed.

It was the big knurled nut where the exhaust hose attaches that split, not the female fitting on the bladder, so the fix was easy. The dealer, where I purchased the rig over 10 years ago, fixed it for a little over $30 using a part he had in stock.

Although I don't have a problem with it, I was a little miffed that they told me it was a "non-warranty" repair covering normal wear and tear. I asked what the "lifetime warranty covered" and the guy pointed to the piping on the bladder cover (what?).

Last time it had warranty work, Zeagle took care of it, no problem. Since the LDS charged me over $30 to ship it that previous time, the charges on this last repair didn't hang me up. I got it back in 45 minutes,instead of a week or more.

Still, I'm a little miffed over the statement that this would not be warrantable. What if it was the entire hose assembly or something like a split bladder?

Call me curious. I love my Ranger, btw.
    If you want to get down to brass tacks, the lifetime warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship of the BC.

The corrugated hose, plastic buckles, etc. don't fall (technically) under the lifetime warranty, because people drop tanks on them, run over them with their car, etc.

That being said, when compared to other manufacturers I think you will find that we are historically a lot more leanient on what falls under "warranty" work. From what I understand, this was dealt with at the dive shop, and not sent back to us for repair, correct??

Thanks,

Scott

Scott,

You are correct and the repair was completed to my satisfaction, althought I thought $31 was a little high for a big plastic nut and a shraeder valve for my leaky inflator hose. LOL.

Thanks for the PM and for clarifying the your warranty policy. The next time my rig needs service, and if it's not a time sensitive repair, I'll just mail it off to you direct. I know I can trust you to fairly determine what is warrantable and what is not and that any charges would be reasonable.

To answer another poster, the LDS I visited is where I bought my Ranger and they still carry the Zeagle line, so I believe they are licensed dealers. This is the same shop that took 6 weeks for an annual on my reg, which I also bought there, so I rarely go there any more unless it's for a previously purchased item that needs warranty work.

A bit off topic, but I started sending my reg to a shop in NC. They turned the reg around after it's annual in less than a week. When that same reg had an oil ring in the 1st stage give out a few weeks ago, I took it to my problematic LDS. They wouldn't touch it because I sent it out somewhere else for its annual (to an authorized repair facility). I thought I'd miss my next dives, but the place that did the mailorder work had it repaired in 3 days, with an overhaul and said it was all covered by their warranty. The shipped it back to me overnight. Total cost: $24 flat rate insured to send it to them.

Good service is good service and there no reason you can't shop around.
    Last edited by Rockhound76; 08-23-2010 at 19:54.

Shark
    there take care of you, they have been above board with me. Though no issues yet.

TadPole
    Unfortunately most businesses have never heard the old customer sales adage:

"If they leave happy they may not tell anyone, but if they leave mad they WILL tell everyone!"

Cheers,
    CD

Grouper Founding Member
    I tend to disagree.

In the internet age, I think people tend to share both good and bad experiences.

Some because they believe in the product, or are loyal to the brand (and we are fortunate to have quite a few of those people!!) and some because by simply saying "I love Zeagle" it raises thier post count by 1!!!

I'll take both!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information