Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just good Meat

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BSea View Post
    After 3 beers, the steaks are burnt (which I agree is anything more than medium), but your well on your way to "WHO CARES?".

Really, only 1/4 inch thick? That actually sounds like it would be really good. Not to mention really quick.

A little more FYI. The Grill dome has an optional grate that will put the meat within a few inches of the charcoal (I'm assuming the BGE also has this option). I mostly use it to place a pan on, when doing indirect, but it can be used for streaks. I haven't tried this yet, but ceramic cookers are great for getting the temp up to 600+ for fast grilling.

Can you tell I love this thing? I actually have some ribs on it right now.
    I watched the vid in the link you posted and did a few more google searches.

The Egg is out. Grill Dome is in. BGE did not invent this style of cooking. It was the Japanese (I learned). So I would not call the Grill Dome a knock off or even a clone. They build a better mouse trap. Plus no need to pay for the BGE name.

The 1/4 " thick Porterhouse steaks are awesome. I do them on my Webers with top open. (sadly there were some mfg. defects with my Aussie grill and HD, took it back and gave me a Weber. I have been a Weber guy for 30 years anyway.)But the steaks sure were good on the Aussie grill.
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

Grand Master Spammer
    I've done the thin cut "quick" thing before, and they are good. Really though, I'm not sure I'd spend the money on porterhouse for a crowd. When you get it that thin, even cheaper cuts like sirloin turn out pretty decent. After a few beers you can even sneak in some real cheap cuts and nobody even notices!
    Diving is safe.....People are dangerous!

Quote Originally Posted by mm2002 View Post
    I've done the thin cut "quick" thing before, and they are good. Really though, I'm not sure I'd spend the money on porterhouse for a crowd. When you get it that thin, even cheaper cuts like sirloin turn out pretty decent. After a few beers you can even sneak in some real cheap cuts and nobody even notices!
    Yeah, plenty of other cuts work as well or better.

But that just wouldn't be my style.
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

Remember when you were at my house? I made a dressing with aged bourbon, ****akes and pistachios. Everybody just ate the stuffing!

I'm a (scuba) dick. What can I say? It's all about cool.

Shark
    and for a change of pace- take a flank steak, rub in quality soy sauce generously on both sides, sprinkle both sides with lemon-pepper, place in glass dish, cover & let sit in fridge a couple hours- throw on grill or put under broiler, about 4 mins a side(want it to yield to touch)until almost medium rare- remove & let rest for 10-15 mins- slice thinly on the diagonal across grain of meat-wonderful for sandwiches, on salads or by itself with side dishes

I've done that!

Shark
    Images
    That would go great with a side of ass beans!
    ass.jpg

Sine Timore!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information