Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Table Rock Lake/Dewey Short Labor Day weekend

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member

Table Rock Lake/Dewey Short Labor Day weekend

My family and myself are camping at State Park Friday night through Monday morning and I'm wondering if any other divers are planning on being there that weekend?
    Matthew P. Cummings
    Moberly MO

Barracuda
    Matt, crna and I are also camping and will be at Dewey short this weekend through Monday.

I'm not sure which campground we will be at. Possible the State park. We will have CRNAs two children (10 & 6).
    No one has ever retold valiant stories of logic - for all good stories are driven by emotion and the spirit.

TadPole
    I'm up for a day trip to either Dewey Short, Jake's Point, or Beaver on either Saturday or Sunday.

Barracuda
    Joplin, MO-10 Miles from Blue Water Lake (AKA ORONOGO)
    We are at Long Creek. How did you get into the state park that weekend?
    PADI Dive Master, Master Diver, and Cavern. SDI Solo Diver. DSAT Tec 50. TDI Trimix.

I made reservations, LOL. At the start of the week there was still I think 4 or so spots left open. Plus you have the first come first serve which means you best be there Friday morning early... I wish I had electric at my site but I don't, however it's still good enough. OK, so then lets try to get together and dive. It beats solo diving any day. It's just not fun without buddies around to talk to.

My daughter is 7 by the way. We will have site 203 which is in campground 2. We can get together Saturday morning and start the dives, and kids can play. Judy doesn't dive so I'm sure she could watch the kids while we all dive.
    Matthew P. Cummings
    Moberly MO

Barracuda
    I am doing the last 2 dives of Tec 50 Saturday and Sunday. They are to 160 feet. If Judy can watch my kids, gNats could go with you and we could do some other dives while the instructor does an intro to SCUBA with my 10 year old.

Our friend/my instructor is bringing 2 sons as well. We could have a really good time.
    PADI Dive Master, Master Diver, and Cavern. SDI Solo Diver. DSAT Tec 50. TDI Trimix.

Grouper
    I just sent my brother-in-laws and my own reg off to ScubaToys for annual service today.
    I may end up renting a couple of regs and heading down to Dewey Short on Saturday or Sunday?
    It just depends on if I get busy around the house?
    Say When....

Cool. We could indeed have a good time. Judy is OK with watching them, and we could do that at the campsite, do smores and such. It'd be fun. We could also have a BBQ when we're done.

So what's your dive plans on the 2 dives to 160? It sucks down there too but I think you already know there's nothing there for the most part beyond a couple trees in the mud.
    Matthew P. Cummings
    Moberly MO

I'm diving Saturday and Sunday. I don't have any firm plans on depth because it depends on the buddy, but I'm good for whatever is decided upon. Shallow or deep, it's all fun, well the cool things are shallow...

The general plan is to dive and then find some fun stuff for the kids in the meantime, what depends on the kids, then in the evening I'd like to BBQ some hamburger and hot-dogs. If the adults want to stick around we could have some adult drinks too. I need Kevin to show up, I owe him a beer. In general everybody gets to have fun of some sort.
    Matthew P. Cummings
    Moberly MO

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by cummings66 View Post
    Cool. We could indeed have a good time. Judy is OK with watching them, and we could do that at the campsite, do smores and such. It'd be fun. We could also have a BBQ when we're done.

So what's your dive plans on the 2 dives to 160? It sucks down there too but I think you already know there's nothing there for the most part beyond a couple trees in the mud.
    We are going down, accumulating deco and coming back up alive. It is almost anticlimatic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information