Thread: $300.00 Pro Go or No Go

Grouper
    Images

$300.00 Pro Go or No Go

What do you think about the wrist mount for a really newbie who will be spending most of her time trying to get her buoynacy right

Guppy
    I have a GoPro HD that I made a headband mount for. Like any other camera it's additional task loading that you may or may not be ready for. The video I shot in Bonaire was OK as long as I was shallow enough for some sunlight to shine down. The camera is designed for action motorsports more than for diving. At about 100' everything just looks blue. BTW you can hear yourself breathing really well on camera.
    This is my Signature, It's not like your's because it's mine.

I just picked up this Tachyon XC Micro which is similar.

Helmet Cam and Helmet Camera | Tachyon XC - Worldwide Shipping on all Helmet Cams

It hooks to the mask strap and is cheap enough. I wanted something to help with training and capture any memorable moments without adding to the task load. I figure there will be some bubbles in frame from time to time, but it is for personal consumption only so not that worried about it.

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TwIsTeD View Post
    I have a GoPro HD that I made a headband mount for. Like any other camera it's additional task loading that you may or may not be ready for. The video I shot in Bonaire was OK as long as I was shallow enough for some sunlight to shine down. The camera is designed for action motorsports more than for diving. At about 100' everything just looks blue. BTW you can hear yourself breathing really well on camera.
    100' that's really not in the cards for me I just got my OW card. I'm going to Mexico with a girlfriend for my real first dive and I thought I'd have a little fun. Maybe have our divemaster take a couple of pics of us at 35-40 ft. Than if all is going well I'd have some pictures, maybe even a video or two. Doesn't matter to me if their the best just having fun while staying safe.

Thread Information