Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody ever had a FATTY?

Megalodon
    Images
    Still looks good....whoops, there goes another artery....

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Grouper
    Images
    “If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” -- Jimmy Buffett
    http://www.mandtoates.net/diveblog/ -- http://www.westernmarylanddivers.com/index.php

Long Tailed Thresher Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by scubastud View Post
    Aww rats.. thought this was a marijuana thread.

that does look yummy though.
    Me too. I think the meat looks vile. I wonder if those who eat it have ever seen sausage being MADE. I have. Done with sausage now.

Megalodon
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mocepts View Post
    Some of those look like they could kill a small nation!

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Shark Founding Member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulubelle View Post
    Me too. I think the meat looks vile. I wonder if those who eat it have ever seen sausage being MADE. I have. Done with sausage now.
    I've heard the same thing about ketchup & other things. The truth is that most things that are mass produced would probably make most people sick if they saw how it was made. Personally, I try not to think about it.

And by the way Bigg_Budd. I'll be making one of those for the Ole Miss game in a few weeks.
    "Human beings are flawed individuals. The cosmic bakers took us out of the oven a little too early. And that's the reason we're as crazy as we are." - Desdemona

You don't know Desdemona? . . . "She runs this space station and bake shop down near Boomtown."
    - Jimmy Buffett

That's the beauty of it. I don't have to see how it's prepared. Ahhh the magic of mass production.

Shark
    looks suspiciously like the meatloaf i make-make meatloaf from whatever trips your trigger(beef,pork,veal,turkey, chicken- alone or mixed,with packet of lipton onion soup mix, progresso bread crumbs,a beaten egg, pepper, no need for salt as its in the soup mix), roll out into rectangle on saran wrap-place slices of ham & whatever cheese you want in middle of rectangle(plus sundried tomatoes, olives, peppers, onions, whatever)-lift edge of saran wrap to help roll meat loaf tight-pinch down ends(haha)-place on baking sheet (i like to do it on a rack so it doesn't sit in grease) in a 350 oven for 45-60 mins
    if it has tires or testicles, eventually it is going to give you trouble

Shark Founding Member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scubagirlj View Post
    looks suspiciously like the meatloaf i make-make meatloaf from whatever trips your trigger(beef,pork,veal,turkey, chicken- alone or mixed,with packet of lipton onion soup mix, progresso bread crumbs,a beaten egg, pepper, no need for salt as its in the soup mix), roll out into rectangle on saran wrap-place slices of ham & whatever cheese you want in middle of rectangle(plus sundried tomatoes, olives, peppers, onions, whatever)-lift edge of saran wrap to help roll meat loaf tight-pinch down ends(haha)-place on baking sheet (i like to do it on a rack so it doesn't sit in grease) in a 350 oven for 45-60 mins
    True, it looks like meatloaf, but slow cooking it over a hickory or pecan fire gives it a whole new flavor. I guess it's kinda a guy thing. Plus, I use a rib rub (forgot that ingredient earlier).

EDIT: OOOHH!! Sun dried tomatoes. I'll have to add that too!
    Last edited by BSea; 10-13-2010 at 17:50.
    "Human beings are flawed individuals. The cosmic bakers took us out of the oven a little too early. And that's the reason we're as crazy as we are." - Desdemona

You don't know Desdemona? . . . "She runs this space station and bake shop down near Boomtown."
    - Jimmy Buffett

Shark
    and to think, i eat & like scrapple(its a philadelphia area thing, we had it every sunday AM with pancakes cause M & D were from philly main line originally)-don't want to even know whats in it
    if it has tires or testicles, eventually it is going to give you trouble

TadPole
    I'd like to try that, but no smoker. Any idea how that would work on a grill?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information