Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Discount - Part Deux

Barracuda

Forum Discount - Part Deux

Larry/Joe,

Question regarding the forum discount.... (And, I did do a search and read other postings, but I am still wondering about this)

I just purchased the new HOG SPG.... the list price on the ST site is $64.95. When I completed the checkout, I included the words, "Forum Member, please apply discount" in the special notes. I then proceeded to PayPal to complete my order.

Before moving to PayPal, the ST site identified that the forum discount WAS applied, however, the price was still $64.95.

??

So, was the forum discount applied? I wasn't logged into ST when I first added the item to my cart. So, how did the system know to provide me with the forum discount amount?

Thanks for clearing this up. I hope this posting helps someone down the road.
    No one has ever retold valiant stories of logic - for all good stories are driven by emotion and the spirit.

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    There is no way for our cart to put the discount in before you check out. So actually,
    Before moving to PayPal, the ST site identified that the forum discount WAS applied
    didn't really happen... honest!

The price can only get adjusted before we run your credit card. If you use paypal, paypal will run it for the whole amount. So in the future, probably best to call it in instead....

With MAP policies, it is not allowed for us to put any system where you can lower the price on the cart... one of the hassles of being a fully authorized dealer I guess.. but just call.

And since you already did it.. Call in to the shop, and we can give you a credit, find something else equivalent to the discount to toss in.. or something... We'll take care of you.. Just shout!

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaToys Larry View Post
    There is no way for our cart to put the discount in before you check out. So actually, didn't really happen... honest!

The price can only get adjusted before we run your credit card. If you use paypal, paypal will run it for the whole amount. So in the future, probably best to call it in instead....

With MAP policies, it is not allowed for us to put any system where you can lower the price on the cart... one of the hassles of being a fully authorized dealer I guess.. but just call.

And since you already did it.. Call in to the shop, and we can give you a credit, find something else equivalent to the discount to toss in.. or something... We'll take care of you.. Just shout!
    Thanks!!! and drats.
    No one has ever retold valiant stories of logic - for all good stories are driven by emotion and the spirit.

TadPole
    What is this discount you speak of?

Barracuda
    Greenwood, do a search for forum discount. I believe you get $10 of a purchase after 10 postings. $25 for 250 postings. 10 percent on all purchases that are not excluded.

Megalodon
    Images
    Except it's $50 for 250 posts...

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Grouper
    And don't forget about the 10%, which is what I think Gnats was posting about.

Grouper
    There is a 10% forum member discount?

Does anyone know if this discount is still offered?

Images
    Yes, the discounts are all outlined on the entry page when you enter the forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information