Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Conservation Conversation

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by inventor View Post
    Sorry for the semi-drunken a**hatery. So, where's the ice? If warming has been debunked, what happened to the arctic ice? Why are villages in Alaska being moved because the permafrost is melting? Why is there a Northwest passage? Why are the Maldives going to be underwater? And who made the garbage patches?

• The world warms and the world cools. It's cyclical. People didn't cause that. It has been going on for millions upon millions of years. It's normal The fact is the earth has been cooling for the last decade or more.
    • The polar caps expand and contract. Some think they are shrinking to normal levels. We have not been keeping statistics long enough to make a scientific determination. A recent NOAA study said: Rather than a general warming everywhere, the loss of sea ice and a warmer Arctic can increase the impact of the Arctic on lower latitudes, bringing colder weather to southern locations."
    • The Maldives are not underwater and they are not going to be. The sky is not falling.
    • The garbage patch is real; but, on a global scale it's not a pimple on the but of the earth. One unsubstantiated study claims that 80% comes from land based sources and 20% from ships.

My personal opinion, we should be more worried about global cooling than warming. We may be nearing the next ice age.

Check this out:
    ABD - Green myths on global warming - debunked
    and this: Aloha Analytics: "Global Warming" debunked, "Science is about facts" letter to the editor
    Global warming was created by politicians to get elected and to make millions of dollars.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Shark
    Neither one of those will load, got different links to them?

Nevermind, copied and pasted and found.

It's only impossible.

Shark
    Yep, boilerplate dogma. Really, the British triple A was your go to on this?

Any way, you've said your piece, leave it be. And yes, your next response will be, 'Aha! But I was told those things!'. And think that that's the ultimate inarguable logic. No, it just shows dogmatic belief without thought.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled a**hattery....

Oceanic Defense: Economic Hit in a Mexican Town - a community's sharks killed

This is an article about the Playa del carman bull sharks being killed by a fisherman.

It's only impossible.

Shark
    This is an article about glacial melting, that looks at the debate also...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/14/sc.../14ice.html?hp

It's only impossible.

Shark
    Not much new critter stuff coming up lately.

Here's the Global shark Initiative on FaceBook....

Welcome to Facebook

And Discovery channel's shark site...

Shark Facts : Sharks : Discovery Channel

They used to have just a shark site, but looks like it's now all in Shark Week.

It's only impossible.

Shark
    Hmmm...wonder how it affects tulips....

Study: Wi-Fi Makes Our Trees Sick - ReadWriteCloud

It's only impossible.

Images
    Yep, boilerplate dogma. Really, the British triple A was your go to on this?

Any way, you've said your piece, leave it be. And yes, your next response will be, 'Aha! But I was told those things!'. And think that that's the ultimate inarguable logic. No, it just shows dogmatic belief without thought.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled a**hattery....

Oceanic Defense: Economic Hit in a Mexican Town - a community's sharks killed

This is an article about the Playa del carman bull sharks being killed by a fisherman.
    I assume your rebuttal was aimed at me. No, they are not my go to guys. They were just the first of 1,000's that came up on Google.
    You are cracking me up! Not only did you blow off the science; but, you then answered your own post with what you thought I would say and the real kicker was what I think...LOL. Not much room for discussion with you is there?

It would only be fair for me to post as you did. Your next response will be:

Dear, Zeagle Eagle. Don't post here anymore as your posts are full of facts. I don't want to be bothered by the facts. I only want to get in on the latest dribble. I will not be swayed by the preponderance of evidence contrary to the articles I post. I will not research my articles. As long as they involve humans trashing the planet, I will blindly post them as if they were gospel.
    No matter what you say, I am going to believe (insert latest internet dribble here). I will not keep an open mind. I will not respond to your posts with scientific studies or facts but only cute little buzz words like "boilerplate dogma". I am convinced human beings are trashing this planet and any article I find no matter how obviously ludicrous and inaccurate it is I am going to post.This is my thread so butt out! If you don't forward this thread to 100 of your friends in the next 60 seconds God will make your legs grow together. I bet you listen to Rush 24 hours a day.

Now here is your challenge. For every "human trashing planet" article you post, make an equal number of links for the fantastic things that man does for this planet. There are millions of them. Something related to Scuba diving would make a nice post.

--Zeagle Eagle

Images
    At Washington state university, Professor Henry Lai, a biologist respected by both sides of the argument says he has found health effects at similar levels of radiation to Wi-Fi. He estimates that of the two to three thousand studies carried out over the last 30 years, there is a 50-50 split - half finding an effect with the other half finding no effect at all.
    But the Health Protection Agency has said Wi-Fi devices are of very low power - much lower than mobile phones.
    The Government says there is no risk and is backed up by the World Health Organisation which is robust in its language saying there are “no adverse health effects from low level, long-term exposure”.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Shark
    Yeah, the wi-fi sounded pretty iffy, thought I could make a tulip joke. Get it, Holland, tulips? As for the diving/good..how about the artificial reefs? Even oil drilling platforms provide some reef system effects. The promote the growth of more wildlife.

It's only impossible.

Images
    This is an article about glacial melting, that looks at the debate also...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/14/sc.../14ice.html?hp
    Did you read the paragraph in the article that said:

• Climate scientists readily admit that the three-foot estimate could be wrong. Their understanding of the changes going on in the world’s land ice is still primitive. But, they say, it could just as easily be an underestimate as an overestimate.

• The consequence is that researchers lack elementary information. They have been unable even to measure the water temperature near some of the most important ice on the planet, much less to figure out if that water is warming over time.

• Strictly speaking, scientists have not proved that human-induced global warming is the cause of the changes. They are mindful that the climate in the Arctic undergoes big natural variations. In the 1920s and ’30s, for instance, a warm spell caused many glaciers to retreat.

It appears that scientists do not have enough data yet to make a reasonable assumption. One good note, more water, more places to dive.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information