Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Twinkies

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I saw this, this is pretty much what I did. I didn't necessarily change my diet too much rather I just cut intake and started excersizing. Lost 45lbs I am now 5'11 and 170 and was 215. Stragen, I have been able to keep it up, also putting more muscle on, just cut out the snacks and crap, and eat smaller meals and excersize, I work out everyday!
    We sound very similar. I'm also 5'11 and at my biggest weighed 198. I'm now down to 186. I'm hoping to get back to the low 170's that's where I felt my best. I'm doing what you did in that I have been eating small meals and walking/jogging the last few weeks. Congrats on your weight loss.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    The only problem is... you will be hungry, but once you realize that being hungry is ok, it's not that big a deal.
    If only there were such a thing as diet twinkies, but that would probably be grosser than regular twinkies. I just try not to think about what's really in them
    Don't worry, be happy.

I remember a discussion many years ago in college where the life expectancy of a twinkee was discussed. Remembering correctly I believe it was over 30 years, due to the chemicals used in its manufacture.

Barracuda
    Images
    Two months ago my doctor & I had a discussion about Dibeates & my wieght. Basically he said I was heade that way if I didn't lose some wieght. I thought it was going to be a real pain. But I was told to decrease my calorie inatke to less than 1500 cal / day. I also was told to write everything down that I ate. Some days I go over my Limit. but mostly I under by a little. The key is I eat small meals 4 & 5 times a day and stay away from sugar. I've lost 22 lbs. I haven't changed my exercise ( little walking) yet. In Jan I am joining a local jim to start on a program. I've done the strict diets & they don't work. This one is.

At sub 1500 calories you most likely are staying away from fat as well. 1500 is pretty aggressive and hard to maintain longterm for most people.

Grouper
    Images
    Interesting that he did not note his controlled variables.
    I guess we are to assume that his exercise routine/calories burned remained constant.

Quote Originally Posted by Straegen View Post
    Switching to a lower calorie diet only works short term IMO unless a dieter can keep it up for years. IMO a persons body is resistive meaning that when a person lowers calories the body eventually adjusts and runs more lean. When coming off these diets peoples bodies tend to want to store additional fat for the next cycle. When the calories go up the body runs leaner and takes those extra calories and stores them as bulk in both muscle and fat.

As I stated above I think a big part of this "trick" was he essentially stopped all calorie loading by dispersing his calorie load throughout a day so his blood sugars never really spiked even though he as on a heavy carb diet.
    To lose weight requires a calorie deficit. In addition, the body can handle about 600 calories at a time. Anything over 600 calories is added to your fat stores for when you need more energy. The recommendation is to eat no more than 500 calories at a time, with at least two hours between meals or snacks. I also agree with you that the body has a set point for weight. One that it will resist going under and will try to return to that point. Exercise and an extended period of time at a specific weight seems to allow for a reset of that set point, sometimes.
    Last edited by bfmorgan; 01-27-2011 at 19:37.

Shark
    It amazes someone would try this, I guaranty you not one MD in the world would recommend this. I was told by a doctor, it is all about burning more then you take in and eatting enough protein
    Quote Originally Posted by bennerman View Post
    This atleast gives me hope that I can lose weight by reducing my calories instead of simply switching to entirely healthy food :3

Quote Originally Posted by bigman241 View Post
    It amazes someone would try this, I guaranty you not one MD in the world would recommend this. I was told by a doctor, it is all about burning more then you take in and eatting enough protein
    A few years ago someone tried going on a fast food diet for a month. As I remember it they had to abort the experiment when he discovered his body was not handling all of the fast food and he had some liver and kidney issues if I remember this correctly.

Grouper
    Congrats!

I am finally crossing the 50lb mark (big boy still) and have been heading south on the scale for 4 years but I have done it mostly through stress reduction (a personal belief that stress causes weight gain aside from binge eating), exercise and a modest change in diet. Diving has been a huge part of it as well.[/QUOTE]

I think Stress has a lot to do with it as well, I got to figure out a way to let "her" go! My #1 cause of stress!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information