Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twinkies

TadPole
    Images
    The breakdown....

Two-thirds of his total intake came from junk food. He also took a multivitamin pill and drank a protein shake daily. And he ate vegetables, typically a can of green beans or three to four celery stalks.

also
    For a class project, Haub limited himself to less than 1,800 calories a day. A man of Haub's pre-dieting size usually consumes about 2,600 calories daily. So he followed a basic principle of weight loss: He consumed significantly fewer calories than he burned

and finally ....
    ate one of these sugary cakelets every three hours, instead of meals. To add variety in his steady stream of Hostess and Little Debbie snacks, Haub munched on Doritos chips, sugary cereals and Oreos, too.

so there ya go, energy balance is very simple, less in more out. He was also fulfilling his DRV of nutrients and micronutrients via the vitamins he was consuming, and you have to remember he didn't have to work out to burn calories. Basal metabolic rate amounts to the calories you burn per hour every day just living and can add up quick. There are many formulas for active, sedentary and those in between.

Go State!
    Lobos - my last name and Spanish for wolf, I like the water; simple.

Guppy
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone3565 View Post
    I remember a discussion many years ago in college where the life expectancy of a twinkee was discussed. Remembering correctly I believe it was over 30 years, due to the chemicals used in its manufacture.

Given the state of the economy and the hoarding by our Ultra Rich overlords, that might not be a bad thing....

That makes me wonder why Hostess needs bankruptcy protection given that twinkies seem like the greatest commodity ever.
    Twinkie manufacturer Hostess goes bankrupt as US becomes more health-conscious | Mail Online

Starting my deep-fried Twinkie diet today, will report how much weight I've "lost" over the next year.

It might be via an obituary, so keep your eyes out for the paper.

Grouper Founding Member
    I still have the twinkiees I bought in 2010, no expiration date they never go bad!
    As long as you can breathe, you're still alive

Grouper
    Images
    [QUOTE]I still have the twinkiees I bought in 2010, no expiration date they never go bad![QUOTE]

I can't get them to last 2 days.

Images
    They last longer than MRE's or K-rats as we used to call them.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Guppy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeagle Eagle View Post
    They last longer than MRE's or K-rats as we used to call them.
    and taste a whole lot better...

No,according to recent research,water and green tea is the best way to lose your weight.I took 8 to 12 glasses of water gradually and 2 to 3 times cup of tea in a day.And now i feel much difference in my weight.
    Moises..."All is well"

Barracuda Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoisesMoises View Post
    No,according to recent research,water and green tea is the best way to lose your weight.I took 8 to 12 glasses of water gradually and 2 to 3 times cup of tea in a day.And now i feel much difference in my weight.
    Damm I thought the research said water and green beer.....now I can stop adding food coloring to my guiness.
    'in media stat virtus'
    Virtue's in the middle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information