Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twinkies

Twinkies

Screw P90X and all the other "systems". This one really works!

Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds

Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds - CNN.com

... someone willing to test this?

BTW I think this was a two fold solution. One was limited calories the other was spreading them fairly evenly though the day.

Grouper
    The focus of this study wasn't that twinkies help you lose weight, instead consuming less calories than you burn. The diet was an overall deficit in the amount of calories he burned a day but was not nutritional, big difference. P90X and other weight loss plans either help you burn more calories or help you eat less calories.

Shark
    This atleast gives me hope that I can lose weight by reducing my calories instead of simply switching to entirely healthy food :3
    Rock on, go big or go home, hit the ground running, hang in there kitty... don't eat the yellow snow...

Grouper
    Images
    Hmmmm....I wonder how much you hate twinkies by the 3rd week.
    Slowly exhale, relax, your brain will kick in...and if you can breath and think calmly, there's not too much you can't figure out, in any part of life.

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by rayaa3 View Post
    Hmmmm....I wonder how much you hate twinkies by the 3rd week.
    I was thinking more like by the 3rd twinkie?

Quote Originally Posted by bennerman View Post
    This atleast gives me hope that I can lose weight by reducing my calories instead of simply switching to entirely healthy food :3
    Switching to a lower calorie diet only works short term IMO unless a dieter can keep it up for years. IMO a persons body is resistive meaning that when a person lowers calories the body eventually adjusts and runs more lean. When coming off these diets peoples bodies tend to want to store additional fat for the next cycle. When the calories go up the body runs leaner and takes those extra calories and stores them as bulk in both muscle and fat.

As I stated above I think a big part of this "trick" was he essentially stopped all calorie loading by dispersing his calorie load throughout a day so his blood sugars never really spiked even though he as on a heavy carb diet.

Barracuda
    I saw this, this is pretty much what I did. I didn't necessarily change my diet too much rather I just cut intake and started excersizing. Lost 45lbs I am now 5'11 and 170 and was 215. Stragen, I have been able to keep it up, also putting more muscle on, just cut out the snacks and crap, and eat smaller meals and excersize, I work out everyday!
    When you turn your air on does it return the favor?!
    "I'd rather die while im living, than live while I'm dead!" -Jimmy Buffett

Grouper
    This is the best diet EVER
    Don't worry, be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I saw this, this is pretty much what I did. I didn't necessarily change my diet too much rather I just cut intake and started excersizing. Lost 45lbs I am now 5'11 and 170 and was 215. Stragen, I have been able to keep it up, also putting more muscle on, just cut out the snacks and crap, and eat smaller meals and excersize, I work out everyday!
    Congrats!

I am finally crossing the 50lb mark (big boy still) and have been heading south on the scale for 4 years but I have done it mostly through stress reduction (a personal belief that stress causes weight gain aside from binge eating), exercise and a modest change in diet. Diving has been a huge part of it as well.

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizbear98 View Post
    This is the best diet EVER
    The only problem is... you will be hungry, but once you realize that being hungry is ok, it's not that big a deal.
    When you turn your air on does it return the favor?!
    "I'd rather die while im living, than live while I'm dead!" -Jimmy Buffett

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information