Thread: Pearl Harbor Day Dive

Grouper

Pearl Harbor Day Dive

Our friends the Neptunes in Green Bay will be hosting the Pearl Harbor Day shore dive in Fish Creek December 5th. The DeepSix will have a bunch of attendees myself included. Anybody else coming up, or down as the case may be???

Jim

Grouper
    Lake Michijim,

Can't make it but I appreciate the notice. Could you post a dive report? Curious about conditions.

crosseyed95

Grouper
    Just getting over an ear infection, but I'll probably make it. Dive report will go along the lines of...... suited up in freezing cold, found some good junk, met some fun people and had hot chili and cold beers during the after dive get together at the local pub. I've been to three or four of these and they tend to follow that pattern. It's a good time. I'll post an actual report next week.

jim

Grouper
    It was cold and windy in Fish Creek today. We dove the west end of the marina were the viz was better. My computer was reading 33 degrees during my 25 minute dive. I found a 60's vintage whiskey bottle. I didn't win the prize, but it will be a worth while addition to my bottle collection. The Neptunes as always were great hosts. Before leaving I had a bowl of chili and chewed the fat at the local tavern. Saw some interesting stuff including a porcelen cover from a make up jar that was from about 1850. That wasn't found today, but was a recent find in the same area. Despite a little frost bite maybe a good time was had by all.

Grouper
    Thanks for the report. Glad you had a good time.

crosseyed95

Shark Founding Member
    Images
    What, no pictures?!?!?
    "Human beings are flawed individuals. The cosmic bakers took us out of the oven a little too early. And that's the reason we're as crazy as we are." - Desdemona

You don't know Desdemona? . . . "She runs this space station and bake shop down near Boomtown."
    - Jimmy Buffett

Grouper
    Left the camera at home for a change. However if you check out the Neptune's Facebook page and or their website they took a bunch. Are you the same BSea that dives vintage on occasion? I am AKA Swimjim and dove my Phoenix on this dive.

Jim

Shark Founding Member
    Images
    Yes, that's me. There are a few of us vintage divers here (Captain & Nemrod show up from time to time), and I think I remember you from Sanddog (three years ago I think) in Ocala.
    "Human beings are flawed individuals. The cosmic bakers took us out of the oven a little too early. And that's the reason we're as crazy as we are." - Desdemona

You don't know Desdemona? . . . "She runs this space station and bake shop down near Boomtown."
    - Jimmy Buffett

Grouper
    Yep, I was at Sanddog 4 and 5. I'd love to be diving those Florida Springs right now. It's 10 degrees out there right now. Brrrrr.

Jim

Thread Information