Thread: Hello Wisconsin

TadPole

Hello Wisconsin

Any Wisconsin divers in here? I am looking for a dive buddy in Sheboygan or Manitowoc. I got my OW back in April and have not had a chance to dive since my other buddy had not pased his OW class yet.

Grouper
    Hello nitrochad. Interesting handle. Check us out sometime. www.deepsixscuba.com . We're out of Port Washington and we dive up and down Lake Michigan's Wisconsin coast. Some of us will be joining the Neptunes for their Pearl Harbor day dive up in Fish Creek in Door county on Sunday. The dive is held at the city's marina. Come on up and say hello!

Jim

Guppy
    I will probably be in Wisconsin this summer (only wisconsin diving I probably could handle anyway being from Texas) if you send me an email I'll send ya mine and the probable dates...

what kind of diving is available in WI? good summer stuff? I ask because then I might make it a point to schedule some consulting in Madison for the upcoming summer if so
    "A wise man stores up knowledge, but the mouth of a fool invites ruin."

A good man does his best to be selfless and humble while others attempt great gain for selfish purposes and fail.

Barracuda
    There are some really nice wrecks in your neck of the woods... I try to make it up there three or four times a year... Welcome....

Guppy
    oh, and Jack do you have any suggestions for diving around chicago? I've heard lake michigan has some good spots.... what would you suggest if I probably only have time for one dive as I will be busy with the convention I am going up there to attend?

A good man does his best to be selfless and humble while others attempt great gain for selfish purposes and fail.

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldmug View Post
    oh, and Jack do you have any suggestions for diving around chicago? I've heard lake michigan has some good spots.... what would you suggest if I probably only have time for one dive as I will be busy with the convention I am going up there to attend?
    Our dive charters usually only run from ~April through October, the city closes the harbors down during the winter months. I hope your convention is during those times. Most our wrecks are very nice and few will dissapoint. For a wooden schooner I like the Wells Burts (35'). For penetration there is the Buccaneer and the "Mack" (both 70') For a small shallow wreck with a lot to see there is the Tacoma (25'). Generally the charters are 2 dives and they can be on one site or two. Check out Windy City Diving.

Guppy
    will do and the convention is Feb 11-14th

Thread Information