Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: knife issue

Shark

knife issue

I got a question for your guys.

My 13 year old cousin was playing with my blue tan titanium dive knife a few weeks ago and when I told him to put it up I guess he sat it on our freezer and it fell behind it. After looking for it I figured he stole it and stopped looking.

Well my dad moved the freezer to defrost it and the knife I guess fell on the compressor or something and the case melted to the point it is trashed and the hanlde is melted alittle but mainly just looks and it should be fine.

What is the chances I can just buy a new case and not a whole new knife?

Grouper
    Just contact the company that you brought it from or the knife dealer directly. I broke my OMER sheath on a rough rocky exit. They warrantied it the first year, but I had to return the broken sheath so was out the return shipping of about $3-4. Never hurts to ask. They may warranty it.

Shark
    I shot them UK a email and figure I will hear back monday, I found the sheath on their site for 16 bucks, though after looking at the knife again the blade seems loose in the handle and I think I will try and get a new handle better then the blade coming out on a dive

Megalodon
    Images
    If the handle is loose, they might replace it...asking never hurts.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Shark
    Images
    Scuba Max must hate me as they've neither responded to phone call and emails. The handle of my knife is cracked, and that's the way it came out of the box. Husband didn't know it when he bought it from a less than reputable LDS. (I'll never go back to that shop!)

Never used the knife and won't try now.

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    My question is why did you have a 13 year old playing with a knife. Don't you have guns?

Shark
    the knife was in a room with all our scuba gear, dad had been cleaning some stuff up and left the room unlocked, he was not really playing with it but picked it up and asked if I would give it to him. I explained to him it was a 100 dive knife and to put it up.

Yes I have gun and their all locked up in a safe, oddly to keep the same 13 year old out of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaToys Larry View Post
    My question is why did you have a 13 year old playing with a knife. Don't you have guns?

Shark
    I have no issue with paying for it, not like melting or deforming from heat is a warrenty issue
    Quote Originally Posted by navyhmc View Post
    If the handle is loose, they might replace it...asking never hurts.

Grouper
    I have no issue with paying for it, not like melting or deforming from heat is a warrenty issue
    maek the 13 y/o pay for it.
    I ONLY APPOLIGE FOR MY SPELLING!

As an add on piece of information if they won't fix the handle a DIY project that is very neat, clean, easy and highly functional is to strip the old handle off, wrap the handle with a nylon rope then pour a salt resistant epoxy over the handle. Works great, has a great feel and creates a very nice near non-slip handle in the process. I used to do this with some high end steel knives I pick up used that have some handle damage. A good knife will have a very long solid tang. If it doesn't, you should ditch the knife anyway. Course I have never been a fan of titanium knives anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information