Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BVI almost here....

TadPole

BVI almost here....

I awoke this morning to realize that the 10 day forecast on my iPhone TWC app covers my first two days of our trip to BVI. This will be my first warm water adventure - having done many lakes, ponds, mudholes, streams and bathtubs round these parts ... and having done two trips to Catalina. More to follow upon our return, wish us luck. BTW - I posted in another forum about tipping, if you didn't see it ... I'm looking for advice on common and customary - this being our first liveaboard (sailboat for 6 days!!!).

Grouper
    Images
    Ahh, have a good time. We were there for 2 weeks in October, and I'm wishing I was still there every day. Definitely a great time. Diving was awesome, and so much to do top side.
    “If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” -- Jimmy Buffett
    http://www.mandtoates.net/diveblog/ -- http://www.westernmarylanddivers.com/index.php

Shark
    Pictures we want pictures!!!
    God is good, no matter what!!

Shark
    Images
    Have a blast. I sent you a PM with some info from my trips down there. I recommend the soggy dollar for a SI if you can!
    With the privilege of diving, comes the responsibility of conservation. If you dont like this signature I DONT CARE!!!!!!!!

I am very jealous. Have a good time and send all of us that are depressed by the cold weather and snow a dive report when you return.
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    I awoke this morning to realize that the 10 day forecast on my iPhone TWC app covers my first two days of our trip to BVI. This will be my first warm water adventure - having done many lakes, ponds, mudholes, streams and bathtubs round these parts ... and having done two trips to Catalina. More to follow upon our return, wish us luck. BTW - I posted in another forum about tipping, if you didn't see it ... I'm looking for advice on common and customary - this being our first liveaboard (sailboat for 6 days!!!).

Grouper
    Lucky you! This is the first Christmas in ages that I am NOT going to the BVI's. I got my OW in STJ years ago, so always a special place in my heart. Fabulous diving, hopefully you will make it over to Anegada for at least a day. I posted a trip report from when I was there this past July somewhere on this forum.

Must do: wreck of the Rhone, of course. Willy T's (just for the people-watching), lobster at Neptune's Treasure on Anegada, the Baths on Virgin Gorda.

Don't forget your passport.

Are you on the Cuan Law? I sailed with them in 2002 (?). It's a really nice boat.

Enjoy!
    jet
    "The sea is not out to get you. It does not even know you exist."

Shark
    Images
    The willy t is lame now that they dont let you jump form the yard arms anymore. lol Lunch at the Marina on Cooper Island will yield one of the best tuna sandwiches you ever had! is its next to one of the better dive sights.
    With the privilege of diving, comes the responsibility of conservation. If you dont like this signature I DONT CARE!!!!!!!!

TadPole
    Thanks to all.... My alarm went off this morning at 7:30am to remind me that I have 100hours until my flight departs.... and 30 hours later will be on the ship sailing toward the sunset. I am packing some snow that my brother sent me from someplace that it was -1 or something like that ... I hear some people on the Island have never seen snow. I hope it makes it without getting yellowed :-)

TadPole
    Corus - Charter Yacht Corus in the British Virgin Islands ( BVI ): Sail ( Sailing ) On A Crewed Yacht Charter Boat. I booked directly with them. A little scary to wire a whole bunch of cash to someone you never met; updates after the trip.....

Shark
    Images
    more like no concept of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information