Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: apollo full foot

Guppy Founding Member
    anyone own/tried the split full foot fins?
    i'd really like to hear an opinion - then will probably buy from ST (like everything I own)

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    The one thing I can tell you is they run very large...

Since they are a Japan based company, with their temps, a lot of the folks wear booties with full foot fins for warmth - and so their sizing follows that. A small will only fit small with boots!

Just talk to us before ordering if you have any question on what size to get - and obviously, we'll pick up the shipping both ways if the size is not right.

Guppy Founding Member
    thanks - another reason why you guys are the best!

Grouper Founding Member
    Make sure to post if you get a pair- I was wondering how they are in the water. I'm not big on full foot fins, but for traveling to warm water I'm thinking they might be a little easier to pack than a pair of jets.

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jacewindu View Post
    anyone own/tried the split full foot fins?
    i'd really like to hear an opinion - then will probably buy from ST (like everything I own)
    did you ever buy these?? i am interested in them too.

i saw another post about how splits dont necessarily do a fantastic job on the SURFACE part of the swim which may or may not be a problem... i'm not sure...

but i've been wanting the full foot splits for almost a year now so i think it's about time for me to come up off the $50 and get them
    Karen - I may not know what I'm doing, but by god I'm having fun doing it!

Grouper

Apollo Full Foot Bio UNI Fin

I like my Apollo Full Foot fins. They are fast. From a dead stop my rocket fins seem to start faster, but the Apollos are faster at top speed with less effort. I have excellent control in stopping, turning and reversing direction. I can tow weaker swimmers against a current easily. Some say that they do not work in a current, but it may just be how they perceive it. They work better all around - underwater or on the surface. I wear size 11.5 EEE shoes. In my bare feet, these fins are LOOSE - Size L/XL. If I wear a sock, they are fine. I can also stretch them on over my narrow size 12 dive booties (Techna zip, mid-weight sole) -this is a plus for when walking on sea shell or rocky beaches. I purchased them because I wanted to try the split fins and think they are great. $45 including shipping on the Internet. My SCUBA fins are the regular Mares fins. But I will buy some SCUBA split fins soon.
    Last edited by cmburch; 02-18-2008 at 12:50.

Grouper
    Images
    awesome! thanks for the input!!
    Karen - I may not know what I'm doing, but by god I'm having fun doing it!

TadPole
    Any idea how much these things weigh? I travel to dive for the most part so lighter weight or shorter length is ideal for packing. I mostly dive in tropical/temperate waters and all things being equal, I much prefer full foot. Also, how long are they and will the small/medium size fit a 9.5 wide foot?

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmytaroh View Post
    Any idea how much these things weigh? I travel to dive for the most part so lighter weight or shorter length is ideal for packing. I mostly dive in tropical/temperate waters and all things being equal, I much prefer full foot. Also, how long are they and will the small/medium size fit a 9.5 wide foot?
    The small/medium size is 20.5" in length, 3 lbs., and will fit a size 9.5 with a neoprene sock.

Complete sizing information is available on page 17 of our catalog: Apollo Sports: Product Catalog
    mdb

TadPole
    Wow! Thanks for the quick reply mdb1!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information