View Poll Results: Which of the following is true of your significant other?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • You interested them in diving

27 33.33%
  • They interested you in diving

10 12.35%
  • They are uninterested in diving

26 32.10%
  • You both met already diving

8 9.88%
  • None of the above

10 12.35%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dive Buddies/Significant Others

TadPole
    When I met my SO he was ready to get certified but I had NO repeat NOinterest in it at all, after 15 years of hearing about it I broke and we gotcertified together. He has gone much further than I have I am still just openwater and he has moved to advanced and is now working on his Dive Master. So Iguess it is all in what you are willing to do for your 15th anniversary or howfar you are willing to push your personal limits to be able to do somethingdifferent with your SO.
    Always look for the Seahorse!

Barracuda Founding Member
    I almost got her interested in diving then 1 bad seasick day on a boat killed it...
    'in media stat virtus'
    Virtue's in the middle

Grouper
    Images
    I finally got to dive with my uncertified finacee (Discovery dives) last month. It was pretty awesome sharing with him underwater.

I can barely wait 'till he gets OW, the day after he gets certified, I will book our travel to Bonnaire!

Guppy
    ...happily married to a beautiful, non-diving spouse. She has zero interest in diving.
    Your results may vary.

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonnagettanked View Post
    We take turns picking things to do on "dates" instead of the usual movie and dinner, I planned a discover scuba class at a local YMCA.
    We never looked back after that
    Great idea!

Scuba had been on my list of 'things to try' for a while. My husband and I started with a try-scuba class together, and will be doing our open water dives in about a week.

Grouper
    Although she is very supportive and encouraging, to say she is "uninterested" does not begin to describe the possibility that she would try anything water related, much less scuba!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    Although she is very supportive and encouraging, to say she is "uninterested" does not begin to describe the possibility that she would try anything water related, much less scuba!
    That describes my wife for several years. She tried to be supportive, but at the same time made sure I understood that she was not interested. The more I got into it, the more she became irritated about it. It was a huge balancing act for me. At one point, I think I started giving up and simply didn't want the hassle of trying to defend why I was leaving for a weekend of diving; so, the diving slowed down. One year she asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I told I would like to spend the weekend diving. So, she came along on the trip. I dive with her sister and BOL; so, they came along as well. Something strange happened on this trip and the wife made a discover dive....something her sister and her cooked up. On the way home from the trip she told me she wanted to get certified. A couple weeks later she took her OW class and we have been diving ever since.

Snagel

Barracuda
    Images
    My better 15/16ths is not interested at all in diving for medical reasons. She has no eardrum on one side and can clear her ears. She's not susposed to fly( causes all kinds of problems when she does.) She doesn't even want to go on dive trips as she would be sitting by herself.
    I have sent her back to Indiana to visit family & friends w/o me as an anchor.

Guppy
    Spouse and I learned soon after all children were out of college and we could afford some fun for ourselves. We've been dive and non-dive buddies for over 40 yrs.

TadPole
    My SO has been diving for a longtime and I decided to partake in his interest. I'm completed with my classwork and confined water skills. Now waiting to do my OW in June. My water experience prior to taking scuba was minimal, I knew how to swim but was afraid of deeper water (cousin drowned when i was a young age). Initially I was saying what am I thinking???? However i got in the pool and gave it a whiff. I freaking love breathing underwater. It was all done because of my fiance's persistance in scuba.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information