Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: wreck cert instructor in or near the keys

  1. #11
    Shark
    Join Date
    03/21/2008
    Location
    key largo florida
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,408
    you misunderstand me one for spelling opps and the other the way I worded it. I meant a good class not a goof class, just a opps with my finger, which made it sound bad. The second line I mean doing alot of penetration in basic class does not worry me, I would be fine with a very limited amount or non, as long as the class was a good class. Not that penetrating wreck do not worry me, it worries me alot, more so then most other things
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashee View Post
    Worse. Either do something properly, or don't do it at all.



    It should.

  2. #12
    Shark Founding Member
    Join Date
    07/18/2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA & Kihei, HI
    Posts
    2,037
    IMO the kind of training you're talking about (wreck penetration) isn't the kind of training you get in a "course". This is the type of diving that IMO requires an on-going relationship with a mentor who can teach you step-by-step over time.
    ScubaToys and Zeagle....it just doesn't get better than that!

  3. #13
    Guppy
    Join Date
    05/21/2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    48
    Posts
    233
    Tim, while I admire your enthusiasm, taking course after course is not going to make you a better diver. You need to just get out and dive more within your limits, get more familiar with your gear and diving in general. Then as time goes on and you get more comfortable, start taking more advanced/technical classes.

    Find some local folks to dive with besides just your dad and learn from them about the conditions you will encounter in your area.


    I know it has been said over and over again, but you just don't seem to wanna hear it. Slow down and enjoy diving for a while. You've got your whole life to enjoy this great hobby, stop trying to rush it.

  4. #14
    Shark
    Join Date
    03/21/2008
    Location
    key largo florida
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,408
    I would love to find a local wreck diver to go with, this is why we have been diving with different boats, checking everyone out and meeting the locals

    I would not disagree I get alittle ahead of my self, better ask here then say hey I signed up for advance wreck today
    Quote Originally Posted by Panmanmatt View Post
    Tim, while I admire your enthusiasm, taking course after course is not going to make you a better diver. You need to just get out and dive more within your limits, get more familiar with your gear and diving in general. Then as time goes on and you get more comfortable, start taking more advanced/technical classes.

    Find some local folks to dive with besides just your dad and learn from them about the conditions you will encounter in your area.


    I know it has been said over and over again, but you just don't seem to wanna hear it. Slow down and enjoy diving for a while. You've got your whole life to enjoy this great hobby, stop trying to rush it.

  5. #15
    Barracuda
    Join Date
    05/07/2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL - USA
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenagirl View Post
    IMO the kind of training you're talking about (wreck penetration) isn't the kind of training you get in a "course". This is the type of diving that IMO requires an on-going relationship with a mentor who can teach you step-by-step over time.
    Well said Zenagirl. +1

  6. #16
    Grouper
    Join Date
    07/04/2008
    Location
    United States
    Age
    26
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by bigman241 View Post
    I would love to find a local wreck diver to go with, this is why we have been diving with different boats, checking everyone out and meeting the locals

    I would not disagree I get alittle ahead of my self, better ask here then say hey I signed up for advance wreck today
    OT: But if you could type like that from now on.... that would be AMAZING.

  7. #17
    Shark
    Join Date
    03/21/2008
    Location
    key largo florida
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,408
    whi does mi tipeing not be so good for you normel peoples LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    OT: But if you could type like that from now on.... that would be AMAZING.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WOW thats a high price for a wreck cert.
    By bigman241 in forum General Scuba Training Questions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 09:47
  2. OW Dive Cert Instructor Questions
    By Chilly in forum Advanced -> Instructor
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 21:17
  3. going from AOW wreck dive to full wreck
    By bigman241 in forum Advanced -> Instructor
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-23-2010, 21:11
  4. Wreck Site info and 3D wreck images.
    By thor in forum Wreck Diving
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 18:24
  5. wreck cert lake huron
    By dirtydon in forum Wreck Diving
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 18:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •