Thread: Atomic spring straps?

Grouper
    Images

Question Atomic spring straps?

What is the difference between the Atomic universal spring strap and the Atomic spring strap? Besides the price they look alike
    I have dis... disleck... dyslec... I give up... I can't spell!

Barracuda Founding Member
    The Atomic Springs straps clip into Atomic fins where as the Atomic Universals (like other universals) fit over the pegs typically found in most fins.

Atomic fins use a different post than most fins. Atomic does have a great spring strap. A big reason I bought my Smokes and may have gone with a different fin had their straps been an option for it.

Grouper
    I am unsure about the durability of the Atomic Springs straps. The plastic 2-piece case where it clips on is held together with 4 small screws that screw into the plastic. I have not had any problems with it, but with sand and rough rocky exits it does not look as bulletproof as other one-piece strap connectors I have used. The squarish springs are great though.

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmburch View Post
    I am unsure about the durability of the Atomic Springs straps. The plastic 2-piece case where it clips on is held together with 4 small screws that screw into the plastic. I have not had any problems with it, but with sand and rough rocky exits it does not look as bulletproof as other one-piece strap connectors I have used. The squarish springs are great though.
    I was making an entry from a slotted dive platform and one of the "handles" got caught in the platform. It kind of twisted the spring and dislodged the fin, but the buckles were fine.

I have since removed the handles.
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

Guppy
    I have about 40 dives on a set of the Atomic spring straps and have no problems. After my wife tried them I had to buy her a set also. LOL
    This is my Signature, It's not like your's because it's mine.

Thread Information