Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Atomic Cobalt Review

Images
    I have a question from one of the forum members that I don't know the answer to.

1. Does the Cobalt lose it's data with a battery change.
    2. What size Torx screw driver is needed to open the battery compartment.
    3. What size/model/make etc, to replace the battery?
    --Zeagle Eagle

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeagle Eagle View Post
    I have a question from one of the forum members that I don't know the answer to.

1. Does the Cobalt lose it's data with a battery change.
    2. What size Torx screw driver is needed to open the battery compartment.
    3. What size/model/make etc, to replace the battery?
    I just saw this, so apologies for the late answer, but:

1. All the Cobalt's data is stored in non volatile memory, so it won't lose anything with a battery change (or if the battery goes dead) except the current time- you will need to reset that. All divelog info, current deco status, settings, etc. are preserved.
    2. The battery door screws are a 3/32" hex, and also fit a T-9 driver.
    3. The battery is custom manufactured with a custom connector, you can't buy them off the shelf. If you ever needed one it would need to come from Atomic. The battery should be good for 4-600 charge/ discharge cycles before starting to gradually lose capacity, and each charge will run the Cobalt for about 40-60 hours of actual diving (depending on screen brightness setting, mostly) or about six months of standby power.

Ron

Images
    Rumor has it that Atomic Aquatics is coming out with a "hard case" for the cobalt computer. Not to be confused with the plastic face plate. I have also heard that you can get the plastic face for the computer in different colors.
    --Zeagle Eagle

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeagle Eagle View Post
    Rumor has it that Atomic Aquatics is coming out with a "hard case" for the cobalt computer. Not to be confused with the plastic face plate. I have also heard that you can get the plastic face for the computer in different colors.
    Both rumors are true. The hard case is fabric covered, kid of like a glasses case, about $25, and available in March. The colored covers are available now- not sure about price.

Ron

Grouper
    I saw one of the hard cases at DEMA. Very nice.

Images
    Yay, They finally released a case.

http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-67/0...uter-Case.html
    atomic-cobalt-computer-case-1.jpgI ordered one this morning. I can't believe it took them a couple of years to come up with this.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Images
    Okay, I sent my Cobalt off for the recall. I got the shipping label from them on April 16, 2014 and mailed it the next day. It will be nearly one month since I started this mess. I heard nothing from them until I started calling and sending nasty emails. Two weeks and I didn't even know if they received it. I finally got a tracking label from them a couple of days ago. It says it should be here on the 16th.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Images
    My Cobalt arrived today, yay. I have been playing with it and it appears to be fully functional. They also fixed one of the buttons that wasn't working properly without me even asking. The only two things I an not happy about is it took almost a month to the day to get it done and zero contact to let me know anything until I called and texted. They couldn't even tell me where it was. I guess I shouldn't complain too much. I got it done and it cost me nothing but some time and some bitching. I think Atomics contracted out the recall repair. Outsourcing at it's finest.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Images
    I had to send my Cobalt in again. There was a fine mist on the inside of the glass. It worked just fine; but, I knew that wouldn't last. That was three weeks ago. I haven't heard a word since. Not an email or phone call. I called them once or twice and they promised to let me know what is happening. Nothing. Finally, I called today and got to talk to Adan (nice guy) he said the computer had flooded and was basically a door stop. They are going to give me a new case and a refurbished motherboard. They are back ordered on the motherboards. Adan said it should ship in a couple of days. I know I should be pissed; but, they are fixing it for free and I love this computer a lot. So, I should have it back in a couple of days and hopefully this will be the last issue I have with it. I have not had any issues with any of the other 10 or fifteen dive computers that I own. Some date way back, like my US Divers Monitor II. I hope this is the last issue I have with this computer as I absolutely love it.Would I get another one? Absolutely! It's the best computer I have owned to date. As far as customer service, they are slow but they take care of business. I get straight answers from RonR on this board and the other one. I wish all companies stood behind their product like Atomics does.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Images
    Well, I just got my Atomic Cobalt back from Huish today. I sent it in because of a fine mist on the inside of the screen. They replaced the whole computer and did not charge me a penny. I am so impressed with their customer service. It is some of the best I have ever seen. The computer I sent them was approximately 3 years old and the warranty was for for 1 year. I think it is good business for them to replace it, because they have been the only ones to work on it or open the case. So basically, I have a brand new Cobalt with only one dive on it and that was the test dive they do at the factory. They have been fantastic. I wish all my other gear had such great service. I am so happy to have my computer back.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information