Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Atomic Cobalt Review

Grouper
    Images
    I just sent mine back for the 3rd time. The first time the compass quit working, the second time the depth sensor went out, they sent me a new cobalt 1. This time the buttons quit working. I love using the cobalt and their customer service is the best in the industry, but am getting a little irritated with the quality. I have a Compumask that I will be using on my Pensacola trip this weekend. It is new and I have never used it, I traded an extra drysuit I had for it. I hope all goes well.
    Tulsa Aquanauts
    www.tulsaaquanauts.com

Megalodon
    Images
    We had a diver on the BB cruise with a data mask and he totally loved it. The only drawback it had was less peripheral vision to his right due to the set up.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerwink View Post
    I just sent mine back for the 3rd time. The first time the compass quit working, the second time the depth sensor went out, they sent me a new cobalt 1. This time the buttons quit working. I love using the cobalt and their customer service is the best in the industry, but am getting a little irritated with the quality. I have a Compumask that I will be using on my Pensacola trip this weekend. It is new and I have never used it, I traded an extra drysuit I had for it. I hope all goes well.
    I was googling the Compumask and I had a hard time telling the difference between that mask and the DataMask. I will be interested to hear what you think after your trip.

I know what you mean about the Cobalt. Mine has been in 3 times. Fortunately, it is always between dive trips and it hasn't been a problem. Like you mentioned, their customer service is like no other company I have done business with as well as there on line presence on this board and the other one. If they can't talk you through it, send it in and they fix it. I had one of the original Cobalts. I have a newer one now; albeit, it is still version 1. Let's hope they have solved all their growing pains.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Images

DataMask

Quote Originally Posted by navyhmc View Post
    We had a diver on the BB cruise with a data mask and he totally loved it. The only drawback it had was less peripheral vision to his right due to the set up.
    Did you get a chance to try it out Navy? I have not noticed less peripheral vision yet; but, that is because it is still new to me. It truly is like a heads up display. You have plenty of peripheral vision; but, it's the computer data not the outside world. I haven't found it to be a problem yet, as I think my mind fills in the blanks. Almost all of my masks have a three piece glass. One in front and one each, on either side. The side flass pieces mostly let in light and are not really used for vision. What I definitely can't see is the little "window" on the right side that normal lets in some light. It's not much good for looking out of; but, now that it is covered I can tell it's not there. It's just a dark space. The computer display at the bottom right of your vision seems to fill in that blank space. You almost have to try it out to see what I mean.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Megalodon
    Images
    No, I didn't He wouldn't share for some reason.... He liked it too much.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Grouper
    Images
    I used the CompuMask on my Pensacola trip and it worked flawlessly. You do loose a little peripheral vision, and I couldn't see the buckles on my bc. I did enjoy using it. My Cobalt may just become my backup when I get it back.
    Tulsa Aquanauts
    www.tulsaaquanauts.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information