Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello, hello, Hello, Hello

Grouper
    Parley accepted by me crew on account of your not being able to dive for a couple weeks. That and the fact that when me cannon are lined up me crew keeps giant striding off the back. Except for crazy eye Fred but he can't shoot straight. When its only crosseyed and crazy eye coming at ya I guess it's time to make nice.

Still got 2' of so of ice in the bay and I haven't touched the boat yet. Gear is ready with the exception of new batteries. Those are bought but I'll wait till we get closer since it's my last venture of the spring gear up.

Let me know when things are buoy'd down there. We may kick off the year by making a road trip.

Crosseyed95

Grouper
    Two weeks!! Ice is out on the Bay of Green Bay with only some ice bergs floating. This means 2 weeks and the boat hits the water!! Anybody got their boat in yet?

crosseyed95

Grouper

Had the boat out April 2nd. After being dead slow at work since mid 2008 I back to going full bore. As a result it's harder to get out when lake Michigan allows. On the flip side, when I do I'll be able to afford a tank of gas. LOL.

jim

Grouper
    LakeMichijim

Jealous.. Are the buoys out on any of your wrecks?

crosseyed95

Barracuda
    yep, gasoline will exceed the cost of trimix this year by far
    any puddle...anytime...anyplace!

Grouper
    No moorings yet. They usually get put on by mid may or so. I just use my trusty wreck hook until then.

TadPole

Lake Michigan

I will be in the Chicago area Memorial day weekend and am looking to dive lake Michigan. Does anyone know of any events or just diving going on that weekend?

My girlfriend and I are driving up from Tulsa and I want to dive The Lake. Any help would be greatly appereciated..

Grouper
    I'll be diving in Florida that weekend personally, but if your willing to drive up to Milwaukee, check these guys out. Pirate's Cove Diving, Inc. They run charters out to some really cool wrecks. Carferry Milwaukee, Prinz Wilhelm, Norland, Dredge 906 to name a few. Lake Michigan is pretty cold yet. Expect bottom temps in the mid to high 30's. You'll definetely want a dry suit and a cold water reg set. If Lake Michigan is cooperating, it will be worth the run. Chicago has dive ops to of course. I am not really familar with them. Perhaps someone else could chime in.

Jim

TadPole
    Thanks Jim.. I'll call the local lds's when I get there!

Grouper
    Winds light and variable. Waves 1 foot or less. Looks like I'll have to go diving Easter Sunday..............

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information