Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd regulator position...maybe??...help

TadPole

Odd regulator position...maybe??...help

My regulator (Atomix Z2x) has a different set up than anything I have used. I was wondering if there was a way for the LDS that I bought it from to move it to a different location. I am new to all this so figured I would ask here first so that I didn't look like a complete noob hauling it in. My primary comes straight off the bottom of my first stage.

Which makes my primary stick straight up in the air and then I wrap it around to my mouth. I have never had any real problems, but thought it might be more comfortable if it took a straight shot around my right shoulder instead of standing straight up and then coming over, which seems like I am putting unnessary bending on the hose.

Hope I am explaining it well enough for someone to get the idea of what I want. Basically just wondering if I can move the hose to my primary to a different spot on my first stage so it doesn't shoot straight up (like in the second picture) and instead make a b-line over my right shoulder.

Thanks!

Barracuda Founding Member
    Someone correct me if Im wrong, but it looks like two more LP ports are shown in the picture, on the turret. Use a wrench on the reg hose, and a hex bit/allen wrench on the cap shown in the photo and swap them.

Barracuda
    Thats what it looks like to me. I would move my hose to a different port.
    any puddle...anytime...anyplace!

TadPole
    Perfect, thank you both. I will see what I can do tonight. No torque'ing goes into these or anything like that?

Grouper
    Images
    Looks like it was setup to point down. That's how my single rig is... wraps around the wing and under the arm.
    Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance. ~Sam Brown

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by packjk View Post
    Perfect, thank you both. I will see what I can do tonight. No torque'ing goes into these or anything like that?
    Just snug, no torquing required.
    Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance. ~Sam Brown

TadPole
    Yeah I tried to point it straight down but when I do that the hose to my SS1 is on the wrong side

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    Looks like it was setup to point down. That's how my single rig is... wraps around the wing and under the arm.
    That is what it looks like to me too. It looks like regulator has a elbow of some sorts on it to make it easier to run under the arm. I personally like them like that as it keeps them out of the way and less prone to hanging on anything. Just put your first stage on the tank upside down from the way it is now and give it a try under the arm. I have a sneaky feeling it will work and you will also like the routing.
    Lets see, to dive or not to dive? Well that is a stupid question, DIVE, DIVE, DIVE, and then DIVE some more as long as it is safe!!!!!

TadPole
    I will have to see what I can do with a tank here soon, since that is the missing piece of all my scuba gear I don't have one to mess around with right here right now. Thanks for the responses!

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    It's been setup wrong. Your secondary should be coming off the bottom. Your primary should be coming off the side. When mounted to the tank valve, it should "point" at a 45 degree down to your right side. This will allow for a better routing of your regs.

The problem with routing your primary under your arm, is that most primary hoses aren't long enough and it prevents you from the full range of motion of your head.
    Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information