Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: best approch asking a girl for a date

Shark

best approch asking a girl for a date

Ok first person to crack a joke gets there hose cut. I know this nice, rather cute girl here in town, was going to ask her out this winter but the florida thing messed that up, last week she made the comment back from florida did you miss me, I told her she could go back with us next week, today she asked if I was going get the duck tape and tire her up and take her with us . I calmly walked over to the tape(she works at a local gas station and got a roll) .

I told her tomorrow I was bring the rope in with me.

well life is ****ing short and time to man up. My question is how would you guys ask her, just straight up hey lets hit a movie and dinner, or alittle more tactful

Remember I am the big guy, jokes and your all getting bad air

Megalodon
    Images
    I've always been the more direct "Hey would you like to go to a movie/dinner/sub races/etc."

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

TadPole
    direct seems to work well for me. Mainly as it takes any of the obvious friend type scenarios out of the equation and lets her know you actually want to go no a date.

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Images
    The direct approach. And, buddy, strike now. She's giving you all sorts of hints, and if you don't act soon, you'll be put into the "Friend Zone". Once she puts you there, there is is going back.

Also, I suggest something with lower expectations, such as lunch or even just coffee. When you think of "dinner date", there's a bit more pressure. However, lunch or coffee, no pressure, other than simply learning more about each other. Unlike the dinner date, these alternatives have a natural end point. That is, you must go back to work or your next appointment or whatever. So, there's no pressure of "first kiss" or walking her to the door, does she let you in, etc.?
    Last edited by Vercingetorix; 03-03-2011 at 08:37.
    rick

Grouper
    Images
    Ask her to dinner, skip the movie, no conversation at a movie. And no burger joints Big. Someplace nice, maybe someplace with music.
    Don't forget your manners open doors pullout chairs flowers are nice too.

Barracuda
    Not to mention...pulling out the chair is funny as hell if timed right.

Grouper
    Images
    come on give the kid a break TJ you've been in your truck too long!

Direct. Don't try to be macho or think up some elaborate ask those usually end poorly especially if you are nervous. Give her a compliment something simple and honest then ask her out to dinner.

If she says yes, do not take her out and tell her she can have anything off the dollar menu. After she says yes ask her what she likes to eat and take her somewhere that is nice but not expensive. I like music in places as someone mentioned but make sure you know the place. Well over half the time if they have music I end up having to shout over the noise of the place. I usually have some fun activity set up as an option after dinner. Putt Putt, fair, even a great dessert place is often a good activity but nothing where you don't talk to each other such as a movie. If the conversation is going great, I just hang out and talk. If I really like the girl but can't quite get the conversation going, we go on that optional activity. Oh and drink lightly (2 max) and only if she orders something with alcohol first.

I always asked for the second date at the end of the first if everything was going well. It relieves a pressure/anxiety for you both.

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonnagettanked View Post
    come on give the kid a break TJ you've been in your truck too long!
    Aw c'mon...can ya tell I'm in a real "fun" mood today? BTW...I only sleep in my truck after pulling out the missus' chair.

Hey Big...I agree with most everyone else here...no need to get fancy...from what you posted, it seems she's already said yes...you just have to ask the question. Good luck.

Grouper
    Images
    Big, conversation is very important. Make sure you spend time talking about HER interest, hobbies and activities as well as your own. Keep the first date casual and fun.
    Live life with no regret.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information