Thread: wow so close I can feel it

Shark

wow so close I can feel it

I got a email from my college, sign up by 18th for graduation odd I am like 10 classes a way, well no 7 after spring. If your be done by the end of summer semester they let you walk in the spring with the class.

I went and looked at my curriculum, mainly to see what I needed to talk this summer and how much longer I had, if I go this summer, planned not to as it would have me in indiana for june july and the start of aug I will walk down the first in my family to graduate college, oddly the last to start. My sister walked last year, but did not finish in the summer, my brother quit and my mom is still going.

I had planned to have fun this summer in Florida and think about either the florida keys community college dive program or coming back for the fall here, given I am so close I am thinking the smart thing is come back here and finish. I would have a AS degree (guaranteed to transfer to indiana state university) in architecture design.
    Plus construction manger makes more money then dive instructor.

I thought I would share, it makes me proud to think the last two years has been worth it, thought it will take me three to finish , better slow then not at all.

I would say pretty good for a boy who can not spell to save his life, hid grammar gives a hillbilly a headache and who quite for in the 11th grade with 9 1/2 credits(less then I should have had at the end of freshman year)

Grouper
    Way to go man!
    Follow the bubbles...

Shark
    Congratulations. Academic troubles can be daunting, but it is good to see you stuck with it
    Rock on, go big or go home, hit the ground running, hang in there kitty... don't eat the yellow snow...

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Images
    Well done, Bigman!!!
    rick

You will not regret the experiences. Not being in Florida for three months.....painful, but worth the achieving the goal. Good luck!

Shark
    ya, the good thing is I thought I had to take chem 101 and 102, both campus only, since I have to take chem 105 I can do it and math this summer, then finish online in florida. SWEET then all I have to do is come back next spring walk down get my diploma and go back to florida WHERE IT IS WARM
    Quote Originally Posted by bfmorgan View Post
    You will not regret the experiences. Not being in Florida for three months.....painful, but worth the achieving the goal. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bigman241 View Post
    ya, the good thing is I thought I had to take chem 101 and 102, both campus only, since I have to take chem 105 I can do it and math this summer, then finish online in florida. SWEET then all I have to do is come back next spring walk down get my diploma and go back to florida WHERE IT IS WARM
    Congrats on the hard work. IMO, spending the summer up there doing the school work sounds like a good idea to me as it will be several degrees cooler. Florida gets pretty hot in the summer. People run from one A/C area to the next much like Northerns do with heated spaces in the winter. I say that and I am booking a couple months in Florida for June/July now so what do I know.

Grouper
    Congrats bigman! Big accomplishment. Keep it going and wrap it up, you will appreciate it. It is something no one can ever take away from you!

Thread Information