Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: pseudo free trip to Indonesia

Funeral Jorunna
    Got to say I more then jazzed with my new camera gear. Photos are just better then I could have expected. I got a pic of juvenile box fish today that is just killer.
    If you get confused listen to the music play.
    To much of everything is just enough.

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chinacat46 View Post
    Photos are just better then I could have expected. I got a pic of juvenile box fish today that is just killer.
    Uh huh...ri-i-i-i-i-i-ight. Pics or it didn't happen.
    rick

Funeral Jorunna
    Pics will happen when I return. Just found out at dinner tonight that Ned and Anna Deloach are arriving tomorrow so I can ask them if they have any idea what the crab is we saw the other day. Just wish I had brought my critter book so I could have it signed.

Funeral Jorunna
    Just a little catch up. Saw my 6th or 7th blue ring octopus yesterday. I think I've seen more blue rings now then mimic octopus. Today I spent the day with Ned and Anna but didn't dive with them they have a private guide. Then again I had my own guide too but I didn't request it so I don't have to pay extra. Ned checked out my pic of the crab and he thinks it might be unidentified. The guide who found it is quite excited about it. Could be a new species which would be kewl. Did see some more stuff today including a tiny zebra crab. Only two more days of diving here then off to Bali. Will try and post a few pics when I get some down time in Bali.

Megalodon
    Images
    You are just Livin' LA Vida Loca China. Looking forward to the picts. Hopefully the crab is a new species and you get to name it.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Funeral Jorunna
    I didn't find the crab one of the guides did. Today was another fine day. Got a flamboyant cuttlefish as well as another wonderpus. We actually spotted a mimic octopus but it went down it's hole. Guess it didn't want to play with us :-(. Tomorrow is my last day diving in Lembeh hope it's a good one. I've never taken pics in RAW before always did JPEG all I can say is RAW pics take up alot of space.

Funeral Jorunna
    Finished diving in Lembeh. Logged 25 dives but only 1 night dive :-(. Had a chance to do another one but it was the day I had a bad case of the trots and wasn't feeling up to it. If I skip a night dive in Lembeh you know I'm not feeling well. I've been having a great time talking with Ned and Anna DeLoach. Ned is just amazing on his knowledge on fish behavior. It's neat to see him use his own books to ID stuff too. Wish I was staying here longer just to talk with them. I have mixed feelings about this resort I'll expand more about that in my final trip report but leave it to say I wouldn't pick this resort to stay at when I return to Lembeh. Off to Sanur, Bali tomorrow for a little R&R before Wakatobi. I want to log at least 60 dives on this trip so I will have to do 4/day in Wakatobi.

Hey Chuck.... what's your new camera and strobe set-up? When we went to Lembeh, it was my 1st time out using the G10, strobe and subsee set-up. If you remember, didn't take too long before I started liking my pics so I am guessing by your 2nd day of diving, you were already getting amazing shots! Can't wait until you post them!!

BTW... you actually passed on a nite dive??? You must have been feeling ill!

Really want to hear your feedback on Wakatobi... am considering it for next christmas along with a few other destinations. :-)
    "May all your bubbles reach the surface before you do!" http://www.divebuddy.com/Linda

Funeral Jorunna
    New setup is a canon s95 with a recsea housing. Strobe is sea and sea ys-01 with ultralight tray and arm. Also added a recsea 2 diopter flip macro lens. In the future I'll probably get another strobe and fisheye wide angle lens. Pics were pretty darn good right away and have only been getting better. I'm still learning stuff but that is part of the fun/frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by chinacat46 View Post
    New setup is a canon s95 with a recsea housing. Strobe is sea and sea ys-01 with ultralight tray and arm. Also added a recsea 2 diopter flip macro lens. In the future I'll probably get another strobe and fisheye wide angle lens. Pics were pretty darn good right away and have only been getting better. I'm still learning stuff but that is part of the fun/frustration.
    Nice small (as in easy to take with you ) set-up!!

Can't wait for your pics... know they will be awesome!
    "May all your bubbles reach the surface before you do!" http://www.divebuddy.com/Linda

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information