Thread: Sizing a Zeagle BC

TadPole

Sizing a Zeagle BC

I have previously dove only with a jacket style bc but due to an equipment failure with that bc I'm in the market for a new one. I went to one of the local dive shops and I tried on both a Ranger and Stiletto in the XL size and noticed that the Stiletto was smaller (or seemed that way to me). Has anyone else experienced this?

I was trying on those two models because I was thinking about getting either the Stiletto or the Brigade. I figure either will be a good option for the warm water I dive in and both will be able to hold the weight needed to get my buoyant self to the bottom.

Images
    They may have been different size as they are adjustable. In other words one XL may have been adjusted smaller than the other XL.
    --Zeagle Eagle

TadPole
    I thought I had adjusted them similarly. When I first put them on I thought that was all I was noticing but even after adjustment the Ranger felt like a better fit.

Shark Founding Member
    It could very well be that the style of the Ranger was simply a better fit for your body and had nothing to do with size. My husband had the same reaction when he tried on a Ranger and another Zeagle (Escape?) and immediately remarked the Ranger was the one hands down for him. 200+ dives later and he's still thrilled with his choice.

Frankly, if you're interested in a Brigade, you'll want the Ranger to be the best fit anyway since the Brigade is simply a Ranger with a smaller wing. As to adjustment, Zeagle Eagle was likely referring to the adjustments that can be made by taking pieces apart and reattaching them using the grommets or velcro in different places.

I'd recommend that you call the guys at ScubaToys and have your measurements available for them. They'll be able to swap out components on the BC and create a custom fit harness specifically for your body.
    ScubaToys and Zeagle....it just doesn't get better than that!

TadPole
    My interest in the Brigade was why I was trying on the Ranger Harness. I'll call ScubaToys and talk about it with them. Think Zeagle would let me just pick it up from their place in Zephyrhills? They are about an hour north of where I currently live.

Grouper Founding Member
    ZenaGirl is right...it is probably just the different cut of the BC that makes it feel differently.

As for picking it up.....no, sorry!!!!

Thanks,

Scott

TadPole
    I didn't think I could pick it up but I thought I'd ask. I figured it would be easier to grab it than have it shipped to Texas and then back to St. Petersburg. I ordered the brigade today. Turns out they had one in the size combination that I wanted so it was shipped today as well.

TadPole
    The BC looks great and I'm looking forward to diving with it soon. Thanks for the advice.

Thread Information