Thread: Kona dive trip report, short review.

Grouper

Kona dive trip report, short review.

Hi, just got back from Kona, was a pretty great trip. Did most of my diving with Pacific Rim divers, smaller operation. Really was a great experience with them and the service was super nice. The diving was great as well, the Tiger sharks are in this time of year and we did try to locate some as they were harassing the surfers for the past few days. 3 attacks in two days on the same beach. It seemed we just missed one from a conversation with a photographer diving the same area. My previous diving has been on Cozumel, so the reefs are much different, but still abundant fish and spinner dolphins all over the place. I enjoyed the non-drift diving and also being able to dive the lava tubes and get under the surf. Just a bunch of different things to see on one dive site. Also the chance of seeing the larger sharks such as tigers at any moment make it a pretty great experience. Having a beer at the harbor and fish tacos from a marlin you saw them bring in that day is not too bad. Amazed at how low the cost of living in on Kona compared to the rest of Island, amazing that Denver is probably more expensive outside of milk, juice, and gas. I for certain will be going back soon, was a hard place to leave. BR

Shark
    everytime we go on vacation I get a newspaper even if I can't read the language. I'm always looking for a job so I can stay. the last time we were on Maui, I found a job as a hospice nurse and Hubby was going to be a sandwich artiste. alas and alack.... had to come home something about not wasting a return flight ticket, or something dumb about being responsible bah
    God is good, no matter what!!

Grouper
    The idea of moving there was or is being discussed at this point. I have a year left on my MBA and she is done with school, did not buy a house and no kids at this point, wedding pretty soon, but that is it. As crazy as it sounds we are in good shape to relocate and have been keeping that in mind with each vaca we take:-)

Shark
    I do wonder about people that live in Hawaii. where do they go for vacation???? kansas??? do they get excited when they get to go someplace cold???
    God is good, no matter what!!

Thread Information