Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightroom 3

Funeral Jorunna

Question Lightroom 3

I bought Lightroom 3 for a great price but now I have to learn how to use it. Anybody got any recommendations for learning this beast? I've been checking out some videos on adobe.com and some other sites but was wondering what others have done.
    If you get confused listen to the music play.
    To much of everything is just enough.

Guppy
    When I bought it I signed up for classes at the local community college. That was perfect for me. Got me started and made me very comfortable as a new user. Classes were 6 weeks, two times per week, three hours each session.

Barracuda Founding Member
    I've been using it for about six months now and still learning. Most of my learning has come off the web. Adobe has some good stuff and there are some other good videos out there. Wish I could remember which ones but I found most using google.

Grouper
    Images
    Hey Chinacat..What was the great price????
    Really.....Need to live near the ocean.....

Funeral Jorunna
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddarchick View Post
    Hey Chinacat..What was the great price????
    $120(actually $119.99 w/free s&h) not as good as free but alot cheaper then msrp.

Shark Founding Member
    I just upgraded to Adobe Elements 9 and feel like there's a learning curve there too! Since I work at a high school, I think I'm going to have our photo/tech teacher give me a few lessons....doesn't seem like you can learn these programs by just playing with them anymore.
    ScubaToys and Zeagle....it just doesn't get better than that!

Dominus Diabolus Urinatoris ST-Forum Mod DevilDiver's Avatar
    Images
    Lightroom 3: Streamlining Your Digital Photography Process
    Amazon.com: Lightroom 3: Streamlining Your Digital Photography Process (9780470607053): Nat Coalson: Books

If you can find any local courses as mentioned and of course youtube and the Adobe site....

This is a fantastic program and can greatly help with your workflow. I am guessing that you will be processing U/W images, you have to check out MarineLife Keywords MarineLife Keyword List < Keyword Workflow . You can use this code for a 5% discount: 01X19X05
    DevilDiver

Grouper
    Cheers, TD.

Funeral Jorunna
    Well my software shipped so I should have it next week. Been checking out some videos on adobe.com, youtube and a few other sites. Can't wait to try it out. I do have a question some one might know the answer to. I'd really like to load it on two different computers. I'd like to use the import and file/pic handling on my travel computer to get rid of bad pics and get things organized. On my desktop I'd like to use the other modules(develop, slide shows, print, etc...). Does Adobe allow you to load the software on two different computers. Will I have to call them up and beg them.

Dominus Diabolus Urinatoris ST-Forum Mod DevilDiver's Avatar
    Images
    I would guess you could, I would try and if you have any issues then you can make the call.

One suggestion before you import your photos over, not knowing how many files you currently have stored. This program is mostly about workflow, if you have not kept your photos filed by a system now is the time to start sorting, when you import you will want to have a basic keyword and file naming system worked out. It is easier to do on the initial import than going back and redoing. I had over 10,000 when I got into Lightroom and my system that I thought was pretty streamlined turned out to be not so much.

Also the changes that you apply in develop are done to the metadata and leaves the original intact, processed files will need to be exported and saved. Figure out how you will want to do this considering file type, renaming, location and what the file will be used for.

Once you get used to this process Lightroom will speed up your workflow considerbly....
    DevilDiver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information