Thread: Thanks to Lake Michijim

Grouper

Thanks to Lake Michijim

Apeks Regulator=$600
    BP/W=$300
    $60 dollars for drygloves that LakeMichijim Recommended=Priceless!!!

LakeMichijim,

Can't thank you enough for your recommendations over the winter. Went out with the daughter this weekend and was down for 30 min in 41 F water. Hands just as warm coming up as going down. I actually thanked you at the safety stop.

Hope your season is going good and if you ever need anything let me know so I can pay the favor back.

Happy drinking.... I mean happy diving. By the way, buoys in Green Bay are on all the wrecks except for the Brown in case you decide to head this way.

crosseyed95

Barracuda
    Yep, them drygloves do make a big difference!
    any puddle...anytime...anyplace!

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by Davetowz View Post
    Yep, them drygloves do make a big difference!
    Davetowz,

You aint kidding. I held out last summer since I'm a keep it simple kind of guy. Plus, when I get comfortable with gear I don't like to change. But, by fall I knew I had to do something (age related I think). I now know why so many other guys kept telling me to just get them. Once I got the hang of putting them on I realize I was mistaken and if you buy the kind for your style then they are simple.

Happy diving,
    crosseyed95

Grouper
    Hey Crosseyed. Are you using the Viking style pull the glove over the ring style? That's what I've been using. I've had some problems due to my poor form. I tend to scull a lot. This can force water into the glove and ruin your day. To cure this problem I went down to the local hardware store and bought some vacume cleaner belts. I tied a loop of nylon cord big enough to get a gloved finger in. Important! To don the "belt" squirt a little soapy water on it and it will go on with one finger. To remove, put one finger in the nylon cord loop and pull off. After 6 dives this has eliminated all leak problems due to sculling. Hope this helps.
    On another note, just got back from Florida where I was one of the lucky few selected to dive in the Sea Hunt re enactment at Silver Springs. I got to do fake knife fights, wrestle alligators, a 30 foot Anaconda and generally ham it up for the tourists in the glass bottom boats while wearing 50's vintage scuba gear. What a blast! I'm ready to get back to my usual haunts though. The local wrecks are calling my name!

Jim

Grouper
    Hey Lake Michijim, love the name, what was that about 'Sea Hunt'. Loved that show. Sorry for the Hijack.
    Cold hands suck.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Megalodon
    Images
    Your Sea Hunt re-enactment sound stotally cool Lake!!! I'm Jealous.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Barracuda
    need Sea-Hunt re-enactment pics!!
    any puddle...anytime...anyplace!

Grouper
    Here's some from the newspaper down in Ocala Florida

http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcs.dll/g...99&Ref=PH&pl=1

There is one of me in there. I am swimming under a glass bottom boat clad in a swimsuit. I was using a repro original harness and diving a Voit lung double hose reg on of course a steel 72.

Jim

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake Michijim View Post
    Hey Crosseyed. Are you using the Viking style pull the glove over the ring style? That's what I've been using. I've had some problems due to my poor form. I tend to scull a lot. This can force water into the glove and ruin your day. To cure this problem I went down to the local hardware store and bought some vacume cleaner belts. I tied a loop of nylon cord big enough to get a gloved finger in. Important! To don the "belt" squirt a little soapy water on it and it will go on with one finger. To remove, put one finger in the nylon cord loop and pull off. After 6 dives this has eliminated all leak problems due to sculling. Hope this helps.
    On another note, just got back from Florida where I was one of the lucky few selected to dive in the Sea Hunt re enactment at Silver Springs. I got to do fake knife fights, wrestle alligators, a 30 foot Anaconda and generally ham it up for the tourists in the glass bottom boats while wearing 50's vintage scuba gear. What a blast! I'm ready to get back to my usual haunts though. The local wrecks are calling my name!

Jim
    Yep, using the Viking style and thanks for the tip. Haven't had any leak issues but I don't scull very much. I'm going to keep your suggestion in mind in case it becomes an issue. Congrats on the Sea Hunt adventure and it sounds like it was very enjoyable. I do think you should have made it more realistic and got a little more serious with the knife fights. There was a guy in Munising last summer on a rented pontoon who ran right over the top of me on the Bermuda. I would have enjoyed seeing you Sea Hunt his @$$.

Happy Diving
    crosseyed95

Thread Information