Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bobby likes to help out

Grouper
    Good picture, that is so funny. Sorry to hear about your loss and I hope you are doing good.
    Lets see, to dive or not to dive? Well that is a stupid question, DIVE, DIVE, DIVE, and then DIVE some more as long as it is safe!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your dad passing and your mom's illness. Seem like family does the funniest things at the worst moment possible with the best possible results - a well needed laugh!!

That picture is great!
    Sorry to hear about your dad.

Next time you are in town shoot me a message - glad to provide you some beer for the great deal you gave me on the Brigade! Maybe all the MI folks that want to buy you a beer can get together
    -Aaron

Shark
    Images
    I aint ascared of cold water guys... I just don't have the gear, all I have is a 3mil shorty and polyolfin skins. for that kinda diving.
    I was certified in Michigan a long time ago remember... I won't say HOW long ago.. but I will say it was NASDS..

Sine Timore!

Grouper
    That picture is an instant classic.

Very sorry for your loss and thankfully it sounds like you have a good support system.

The dementia thing is a double edged sword. My wife's grandmother has it and it's very sad to see anyone in that condition. On the other hand, some of the things she says and does are very funny and are talked about for days after we leave.

Shark
    Images
    Yea Trek.. except when we have to remind her husband is gone and her breaks all over again.

I wasn't fishing for sympathy, honest..(this time) I have posted about my mom and pop before.. this picture and post is a funny thing.

Thanks to all though you guys are tops.

Sine Timore!

Megalodon
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scubastud View Post
    I aint ascared of cold water guys... I just don't have the gear, all I have is a 3mil shorty and polyolfin skins. for that kinda diving.
    I was certified in Michigan a long time ago remember... I won't say HOW long ago.. but I will say it was NASDS..
    Don't I have your 5/4 Merlino??

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Shark
    Images
    No you have yours. I sold it to you so it is yours... duh

Sine Timore!

Shark
    Dementia is an unkind disease. My mom has dementia and a few years we were discussing being forgetful. I figured...take the bull by the horns and asked her what she know about dementia.... she said....emphatically....'.I am WELL acquainted with THAT subject.' we had a good laugh and then she became introspective.... and said.... ' i wish I could invent a glue to make things stay stuck in my head'... sad;y the dementia has progressed to where she speaks in sentence fragments and most of her words are garbled. I miss my Mom....
    God is good, no matter what!!

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scubajane View Post
    I miss my Mom....
    With ya there. I miss my mother-in-law. When my wife and I would travel, we'd take the MIL for a few days. I used to tell the wife that her mother was more fun than she is. (LOL). My wife has said many times how she misses her mother. She cries a lot over that, too.

Unfortunately, the MIL has never admitted to her dementia; she doesn't know she has it. A number of years ago, we tried to get her in for tests to determine the cause and seek treatment. She refused to go, and she felt we were all ganging-up on her. Nowadays, she has a hair-trigger temper; you don't know what will set her off. And, for us, it's not funny. When we discuss, with each other, the things she says or does, it is with great sadness for the loss and with an "oh sh*t" feeling.
    rick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information