Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean

Images

Pirates of the Caribbean

Went to see Pirates of the Caribbean last weekend. Anybody else see this...thoughts?

For me, it was a little disappointing. I really want to like the Pirates movies, but typically leave thinking, it could have been better. Maybe I'm asking too much. This movie seemed to have a descent plot, but seemed pretty dark. I really enjoy the blue water ocean scenes in movies, but this movie had very limited ocean scenes. Most of the movie takes place on land and/or on the ship, but again very dark.

One highlight, it does show Mermaids! I've been telling my wife there are Mermaids and one day I will find them. (Okay, these were killer Mermaids, but at least there is proof and before you say it....No, there is no such thing as MerMen)

Snagel

Guppy
    We saw it Sunday night and that was really our only complaint. We missed the beautiful ocean/beach shots. It would have used maybe 20-45 seconds of time but would have added an element of beauty to the movie.

Barracuda
    Disappointed in 4. 3 was getting a little far-fetched. I mean, the Governer's Daughter wielded that sword better than most of the *real* pirates.

1 and 2 were very entertaining and worth the money to see them. 3 eh. 4, I want my $$ and the 90 minutes back please.

But, yes. Sigh. I still think that Johnny Dep's role was very well done.
    No one has ever retold valiant stories of logic - for all good stories are driven by emotion and the spirit.

We saw it on opening day in 3D - and I really liked it. It wasn't as good as the first 3, but I certainly wasn't disappointed. It could have used more light and more ocean shots - I definitely agree there, but otherwise I really enjoyed it.
    -Aaron

Grouper
    Have not seen it & not sure I will.
    The first was great, 2nd sucked, & 3rd sucked even more, I have not heard any reviews that make me want to sit through the 4th.
    Say When....

Barracuda
    Images
    Went with the wife to see it a couple of weeks ago. It was o.k. The others were o.k. too. My wife loves all of them. Did any of you stay through the end of the credits to see the last scene???

Images
    I noticed everybody waiting, but we left - bathroom break. What was the scene?

Snagel

SPOILER ALERT

The final scene was the voodoo doll of Jack washing up on the shore where they left the girl.
    -Aaron

Grouper
    We went and saw it opening weekend (not 3D, my son gets a headache from the combination of his glasses and the 3D glasses and motion) and it was pretty much what we expected and overall we enjoyed it. It wasn't better than the first, but we thought it was a lot better than the 3rd. Some more open water and beach scenery would have been a nice addition. I still laugh about Jack's line after he causes the tower to explode, "Did everyone see that? Because I will not be doing it again!" and several of his other one liners are also a good laugh.

Shark
    Images
    Haven't seen it but things I like ...1.the films were shot in Domenica, where my sister lives2.I hear Penelope Cruz is in this one? 3. No zzz Orlando Bloom.

Yea mermaids .. with Disney editing (no nips)

Sine Timore!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information