Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Just about the most fun you can have ON the water!

  1. #1
    Shark
    Join Date
    10/03/2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX for now...
    Posts
    2,867

    Just about the most fun you can have ON the water!

    Check it out... and if anyone is close to Niagara Falls, I highly recommend this...

    -cody / on vacation from vacation...
    PADI MSDT Instructor, US Coast Guard Captain - Master Near Coastal

  2. #2
    Shark
    Join Date
    10/03/2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX for now...
    Posts
    2,867
    Here are a couple screen captures from the video produced by the boat company...









    -cody / on vacation from vacation...
    PADI MSDT Instructor, US Coast Guard Captain - Master Near Coastal

  3. #3
    That looks fun, but this is more my speed:



    If you are close to the Colorado rafting sections, head that way for a fun time as well.

  4. #4
    Shark
    Join Date
    10/03/2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX for now...
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Straegen View Post
    That looks fun, but this is more my speed:



    If you are close to the Colorado rafting sections, head that way for a fun time as well.
    Eh, I'm not sure... we went up and down water just like that...

    They could do the Class 6 stuff I imagine, but its illegal to do, at least in the Niagara...
    -cody / on vacation from vacation...
    PADI MSDT Instructor, US Coast Guard Captain - Master Near Coastal

  5. #5
    Shark
    Join Date
    09/29/2007
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,995
    ahhh..... we are going rafting down the New river in WV in august.....yay
    God is good, no matter what!!

  6. #6
    Barracuda
    Join Date
    07/13/2007
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    1,524
    Cool video thanks for sharing! At what frame rate were you shooting? Usually high speed frame rates will "slow down" helicopter blades like that, but nothing else seems to be affected by it. Very neat!
    3/4 of the Earth are covered by water and 1/4 by land. Clearly God intended us to spend 3 times as much time fishing and diving than mowing the lawn. - Wiz

  7. #7
    Shark
    Join Date
    10/03/2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX for now...
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by DMWiz View Post
    Cool video thanks for sharing! At what frame rate were you shooting? Usually high speed frame rates will "slow down" helicopter blades like that, but nothing else seems to be affected by it. Very neat!
    Thanks!

    original video was 1080p, 60 fps!
    -cody / on vacation from vacation...
    PADI MSDT Instructor, US Coast Guard Captain - Master Near Coastal

  8. #8
    Been there. Done that. The video doesn't really do it justice. If you are in Niagara Falls you definitely have to give this ride a shot. There are a few companies in the area who do this. Our guide took us right into the whirl pool. We went vertical climbing back out of the thing. Had a moment where we wondered if we'd make it.
    This signature left intentionally blank

  9. #9
    Shark
    Join Date
    10/03/2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX for now...
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by scubadiver888 View Post
    Been there. Done that. The video doesn't really do it justice. If you are in Niagara Falls you definitely have to give this ride a shot. There are a few companies in the area who do this. Our guide took us right into the whirl pool. We went vertical climbing back out of the thing. Had a moment where we wondered if we'd make it.
    Here is their video of our ride:

    -cody / on vacation from vacation...
    PADI MSDT Instructor, US Coast Guard Captain - Master Near Coastal

  10. #10
    Grouper
    Join Date
    05/28/2009
    Location
    Brisneyland
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsuguy View Post
    Eh, I'm not sure... we went up and down water just like that...

    They could do the Class 6 stuff I imagine, but its illegal to do, at least in the Niagara...
    In Niagara, there's a very fine line between class 6 and class 6,000.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. this might be fun.
    By scubastud in forum Fun and Games!
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 21:01
  2. This might be fun...
    By scubastud in forum Fun and Games!
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 07:56
  3. Fresh water/salt water buoyancy
    By sfbluestar in forum General Scuba Training Questions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 22:43
  4. Warm Water & Cold Water
    By anoop in forum Junior Divers
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 00:07
  5. a little fun
    By Tom A in forum Surface Interval
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 21:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •