Thread: Ranger/Brigade bladder on a backplate?

Ranger/Brigade bladder on a backplate?

...is it possible?

I have a Brigade, and I really like it - I was just curious about whether the air bladder could be used as a wing with a steel or aluminum backplate? I can see by looking at it that it doesn't have the standard holes/mounting points of most wings, but I didn't know if there was a way that it could easily and safely work.

Mostly thinking about it from the travel perspective - much easier to pack a plate and wing than a whole Brigade.
    -Aaron

Grouper
    I have used my Brigade bladder on a back plate. I used the tank bands that came with the brigade to attach the bladder to the back plate.

Grouper
    The zeagle backplates come with holes drilled in them that allow the bladder to be attached to the BP with screws that look to be about #10 size. The screws go through the slots of the things that look like belt slides on the bladder.

You could do the same thing with any Alum backplate by drilling eight holes in the correct locations and countersinking one side.
    Hard work may pay off in the future, but laziness pays off right now.

Great to hear! Thanks for the replies
    -Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by PTAaron View Post
    Mostly thinking about it from the travel perspective - much easier to pack a plate and wing than a whole Brigade.
    Have you tried partially dismantling your BC for packing? I dismount the wing and tank bands of my Ranger which allow it to pack very efficiently.
    Chilly

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Have you tried partially dismantling your BC for packing? I dismount the wing and tank bands of my Ranger which allow it to pack very efficiently.
    That is a good thought - I haven't tried that, I was just trying to plan ahead for a trip in February... we are trying to pack light and the wife will be bringing her Zuma. I may just use a rental BC - we are trying to keep luggage to a minimum.
    -Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by crgjpg View Post
    I have used my Brigade bladder on a back plate. I used the tank bands that came with the brigade to attach the bladder to the back plate.
    Do you have any pictures of how you set it up? Also, which plate are you using?
    -Aaron

Thread Information