Thread: No warranty on Atomic Products

TadPole

No warranty on Atomic Products

I was doing a search and came across this info on Atomic's site. What the heck!! So, I will not have a warranty if I buy an Atomic B2 from ST?

Does Atomic Aquatics sell direct to the public or sell via the Internet?

In the USA, Atomic Aquatics products are sold only by professional Dive Retailers at their retail store locations. Atomic Aquatics does not allow the sale of, nor does it warrant any products purchased via mail order or Internet. Atomic Aquatics authorized dealers may advertise or promote Atomic Aquatics through mail or Internet, but only with regards to in-store purchases at their retail locations. Be advised that anyone offering Atomic Aquatics products for sale via mail order or Internet is not an authorized dealer and is not authorized to sell, repair or adjust Atomic Aquatics products.

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Not true at all. That is old data that they have not updated. You will get a 100% full factory warranty if purchased from us. Just no warranty if sold by a gray market seller. Call them up, and you will see... full warranty from any atomic products bought from Scubatoys.

Grouper
    Images
    So they have relented on the online policy. I'd still avoid them due to their MARP pricing agreement. Can ST even give the forum members discount on Atomic products?
    Opinions are like gas... We're all entitled to some but people appreciate you keeping it to yourself if it stinks!

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Only Scubapro and aqualung have Marp policies that I know of. If you are looking for equipment and need to know any pricing, specials, packages, etc... Just pick up the phone and give a call.

We ordered an Atomic mask from ST, got the factory installed lenses (which aren't listed on the ST website) and had no problem also using the forum discount (as well as a GC!) Just call .... they'll set you up!!

Quote Originally Posted by rawalker View Post
    So they have relented on the online policy. I'd still avoid them due to their MARP pricing agreement. Can ST even give the forum members discount on Atomic products?
    I bought (and later returned because I didn't like it) an Atomic mask using the forum discount with no trouble.
    -Aaron

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by rawalker View Post
    They have a minimum advertised price on the web, but thats it... Dealers are allowed to sell at whatever price they deem profitable.

Atomic is probably the best company to deal with in the entire industry. Before I knew who they were, I had called Atomic directly about a warranty question and one of the owners had answered the phone. He was awesome, took his time to answer my questions and was more than helpful. A few years later, when I got to know our rep from Atomic, I found out that he was one of the owners... They hand test every single regulator and computer they make, etc. Its hard to get better than that...
    -cody / on vacation from vacation...
    PADI MSDT Instructor, US Coast Guard Captain - Master Near Coastal

Thread Information