Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BCD Help

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DivingCRNA View Post
    Sometimes I really think the gals post that stuff doesn't fit because their legs are too long or their chest is too big just to get the guys going.....
    LOL. +1.

and +1 on the BPW. I was going to suggest that but I didn't want people to think I was going "Scubaboard" on anybody. My daughter fought with me on the BPW, because it "looks" uncomfortable.
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scubajane View Post
    boys... road kill could get some of you going... behave!!! <|8o)
    Not all kinds. IJS....
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDoobyDo View Post
    OK...I spent hours at Scuba Toys today...I tried on everything, including the BP/W. I went with the Zena. I loved it! They have to order it, so I wasn't able to bring it home and play with it, but soon enough! Wade at ST was terrific, sticking with me until I made all those choices!

Thanks to all the advice. Greatly appreciated!
    Congrats on the Zena purchase!!! Like ZG, I'm a huge Zena fan. I've had mine for 8+ years and nearly 400 dives and it's still going strong. Like ZG pointed out, it's super easy to adjust under water and there's no darn Velcro to stick to everything!! Plus since the sections all come apart easily, it very easy to pack for travel. Look forward to hearing how you enjoy your next dives with the Zena!

TadPole
    Thanks again everyone for the advice! I WISH I could have gone to ST like ScubaDoobyDo did. I just posted a thank you elsewhere in the forum so I won't repost it here BUT they guys at ST were fantastic and after the first BCD arrived that was WAAAYYY to big they fixed the problem and I am leaving at the end of the week for a dive vacation at Anthony's Key Resort. I will let you know how I do with it! I wound up with a Medium Shoulder, large vest combo that fits, at least over the wetsuit and in my living room LOL!

TadPole
    Top is still too big...working on getting a smaller part. Ugh. Just super disappointed!

TadPole
    Just returning from my dive trip where I used my new gear for the first time. LOVED it!!! The Zena Zeagle was fabulous...fit perfectly and kept the tank from sliding around. The only issue...as I feared...was the weight system. The first thing the dive master did, while trying to help, was to pull the rip cord. I ended up having to thread the whole thing back together before I ever hit the water. Additionally, the weight bags were too big, so I couldn't use them which prevented me from using the correct weight (the small weights would slip through the bottom of the pockets). Never mind....I still love the BC and will get all the details worked out over time!

Guppy
    Images
    I dive with the Zeagle Brigade... I lost 55lbs last year and my Brigade still fits me... I just adjusted the waist strap and I was good to go... I love my Brigade and always get compliments on it... I called Larry and them at ST and gave them my measurements and about a week later my Brigade showed up and fit just about perfect (some minor adjustments were needed that took about 5 mins)

Shark Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDoobyDo View Post
    Just returning from my dive trip where I used my new gear for the first time. LOVED it!!! The Zena Zeagle was fabulous...fit perfectly and kept the tank from sliding around. The only issue...as I feared...was the weight system. The first thing the dive master did, while trying to help, was to pull the rip cord. I ended up having to thread the whole thing back together before I ever hit the water. Additionally, the weight bags were too big, so I couldn't use them which prevented me from using the correct weight (the small weights would slip through the bottom of the pockets). Never mind....I still love the BC and will get all the details worked out over time!
    Glad to know you love your Zena!! I've never had a DM pull my rip cord, that's a new one, but at least you knew how to rethread it, so all was not lost. I gotta ask though, what kind of weight bags are you talking about? I've used 5 pound soft and hard weights in my Zena and there has never been an issue of fitting in the pockets, and the only ones that will slip through are the small 1 pound soft weights or bullet weights in the side pockets. Please elaborate.
    ScubaToys and Zeagle....it just doesn't get better than that!

TadPole
    Zenagirl, when I picked up my Zena, I also got some stiff, yellow, mesh zipper bags that are the same shape as the pockets on the BC to hold the weights. However, the ones I got were too big (I think they are for a different Zeagle BC). I'll go back and get the smaller version. The the weights that fell through were 1 pound bullet weights and they went straight through the threading, so I ended up using soft weights, but they were too heavy. Does that help?

Shark Founding Member
    Yes, now I totally get it, thanks! Yes, the "yellow thingies" are for a Ranger, not a Zena. I didn't realize there were smaller ones for the Zena. I wound up buying mesh pockets from a different company, but I never use them. If you can't find "yellow thingies" that fit your Zena, let me know and I'll send you the mesh pockets I never use (that will fit for sure).
    ScubaToys and Zeagle....it just doesn't get better than that!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information