Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BCD Help

Hybrid View

TadPole

BCD Help

Hi! I am a newbie, and I have read most of the posts on womens bcds. But I thought I would ask my questions and get your feedback.

I have under 20 dives, but want my own bcd. I tired on many womens and mens and have only found the Aqualung Pearl to be an ok fit. But I really want a back inflate, but there are NO zeagle dealers by me, or if there are, they currently do not have the zena in stock.

I am rather well endowed up top and not sure that the zena will fit since my measurements for their sizing chart put me at large, the xlarge's chest size is the same as the large. Also the appeal of the pearl is that there is 6inches to play with if I gain or loose weight (hopefully loose lol), and the Zena, do you have to BUY parts if you loose weight?

Any info or feedback would be great.
    Thanks!

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    No, the zena has straps on the side, and you can adjust that by more than 6 inches without changing any parts. And the nice thing, is the zena allows you to have one size shoulders, and a different size front. So custom sizing is easy!

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaToys Larry View Post
    No, the zena has straps on the side, and you can adjust that by more than 6 inches without changing any parts. And the nice thing, is the zena allows you to have one size shoulders, and a different size front. So custom sizing is easy!
    hi, i'm also a newbie still looking for a new back inflate BC. i am very interested with the zeagle ranger jr, especially because of the price. and i'm a small diver. my weight is around 41-43 kg.

according to the measurement, the hips fits me. but the shoulder is too small since their range is 12 to 15 inches while mine is 18 inches.

anyway my question is, is it possible to customize the shoulder up to 18 inches for zeagle ranger junior? (since i heard that zeagle could have customization for some of their products)

thanks

Shark Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsnur View Post
    hi, i'm also a newbie still looking for a new back inflate BC. i am very interested with the zeagle ranger jr, especially because of the price. and i'm a small diver. my weight is around 41-43 kg.

according to the measurement, the hips fits me. but the shoulder is too small since their range is 12 to 15 inches while mine is 18 inches.

anyway my question is, is it possible to customize the shoulder up to 18 inches for zeagle ranger junior? (since i heard that zeagle could have customization for some of their products)

thanks
    Call the guys at Scuba Toys with your measurements. They'll be able to custom design a BC just for you by mixing and matching. Or since you're in Indonesia, send Joe or Larry at private message and ask them for help.
    ScubaToys and Zeagle....it just doesn't get better than that!

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsnur View Post

thanks
    Hi there. Larry will get back to you I'm sure. But I will say, the Zeagle modular system has no limitations of which I am aware. Larry and Joe have helped me put together some interesting rigs.
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

Shark Founding Member
    I admit I'm a little biased, but if you're at all interested in the Zena, please don't let the lack of one at a local LDS stop you from trying one on. All it takes is your measurements and a quick call to ScubaToys to have them build you a custom sized Zena for no extra cost. At the worst, you'll pay for shipping it back if you don't like it.

I am also well endowed and find the Zena to be wonderful. NO pressure on the girls as the Zena is held on by 4 straps on the lower body. As a matter of fact, sometimes I barely even pull my shoulder straps down since I really don't need them once my Zena is properly adjusted and tightened on my body.

As far as losing weight, I lost almost 30 pounds a couple of years ago and haven't had to change out one thing on my Zena. My straps are pulled a bit more than they used to be, but with 6 points of adjustment, there's a lot of room for personalization. In addition, if I did need a smaller size, all I'd have to buy is either a new vest or front panel piece, not an entirely new BC. You can also order different front panels in different colors just to change things up if you want, or you get tired of the one you have.

If you have ST build one for you, when you try it on in your house please do it this way: Loosen up ALL the straps. Position the BC so that the upper body straps are at your natural waist. Slightly tighten the upper straps, then tighten the lower straps snugly before going back to the upper straps to tighten. Only then should you snug up the shoulder straps.

The process for getting the perfect adjustment while diving is very different as you'll do it horizontally in the water, and slightly different if boat or shore diving. For boat diving, you get your straps tight enough to get off the boat. After decending about 10-15', go horizontal, loosen everything up, pull down on the sides, start tightening straps from the bottom up, making sure the upper body straps at at your natural waist. For shore diving, I like to tighten my shoulder straps ALL the way and snug up my body straps where ever they are to walk into the water. This puts your tank a bit higher and you don't feel like your BC is being dragged off your back. Then once you're in the water, you go horizontal, loosen everything up and follow the regular in-water adjustment.

The beauty of a Zena IMO is that once you have it adjusted properly, it will NEVER move. You will never have tank roll, body slip, nor will it ever ride up around your ears on the surface.

TadPole
    ZenaGirl,
    Thank you so much for you your very informative post! I am really leaning towards the zeagle but a just a bit bigger in the chest than what they offer. I just may wait but do not really want to! I just keep hearing that the zena is the way to go. I think i will contact ST directly.

Thank you again for your help! If I do get the zena, i will print out your directions so I know what to do!

Shark Founding Member
    Good luck, I hope you find the perfect BC for you!! I honestly think that you're worrying about something that won't be a problem if you have the opportunity to try the Zena. It doesn't bind in the chest and there's actually a lot more room up top than you might think looking at them on a hanger.

TadPole
    Thanks for this info. I'm a relative newbie too and looking to start buying all my equipment. I've had the ScubaPro LadyHawk BCD recommended to me. Any thoughts/comparisons between the two units?

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDoobyDo View Post
    Thanks for this info. I'm a relative newbie too and looking to start buying all my equipment. I've had the ScubaPro LadyHawk BCD recommended to me. Any thoughts/comparisons between the two units?
    And heck.. you are just about 15 miles away... stop in and try one on. I'm sure you'll be impressed!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information