Thread: Rorschach's Kosrae Trip

Guppy

Rorschach's Kosrae Trip

After a week on Truk/Chuuk, we spent a week on Kosrae. We would definitely list Kosrae as a spot we'd return to. We stayed at the Kosrae Nautilus Resort and enjoyed the stay and on-site restaraunt. Only air available (no nitrox with this op). Profiles were 1 hour individual computer profile each dive with a 1 hour surface interval in between. The Pacific Ocean is the loo. After the second dive you enjoy either a grilled tuna sandwich or a grilled chicken sandwich before heading back. We got one night dive during our stay and wished we could have done more night dives.

Visibility was generally good with the exception on a drift dive done with an outgoing tide (not too surprising there). If we return we'd rent a car for a day or two and see more of the island.

Here's my wife's pics. I think the big mollusc is some type of cowrie from our night dive that has the black mantle with fried egg spots along it. Anyway, there's a few critter pics that if someone recognizes, please post what it was we saw!

https://picasaweb.google.com/abrjwes...2011May30June6#
    We do not do this thing because it is permitted. We do it because we have to. We do it because we are compelled.

TadPole
    Hi!

I've just had a look at the photos and added comments to the ones I could ID. Could you ask your wife if I might use some of her invert photos for the id cards I am making for our coral monitoring team?

She could contact me at [email protected].

Thanks!
    Katrina

Guppy
    Thanks for the comments!

The fried egg speckles and electric neon blue stuff is part of the mantle and maybe eyestalks on the cowrie (except there's some electric blue stuff at each end so there's no way to have eyestalks at each end). Unfortunately with the mantle fully extended over the shell it's not easy to identify which cowrie it is.

As long as you're not planning to sell the photos my wife took, she's OK with using them just as reference / info pics. She'll contact you via e-mail.
    We do not do this thing because it is permitted. We do it because we have to. We do it because we are compelled.

Thread Information