Thread: Bull Shoals Boat Dock

Bull Shoals Boat Dock

I'm not much of a complainer, but I had to post this one up. I was diving Bull over the weekend and went to Pontiac first for fills. The guy was great and helpful.

Our second through about 6th dive Bull Shoals Boat dock was closer. So we went there. Well, to say the least I should have made the hike back to Pontiac. We all had short hot fills by atleast 300 psi. One of them was 600psi. One tank didnt even get filled and we payed for it, and the kid there was just rude. Heck we didnt even get carded. When we noticed the no fill it wasnt worth the boat gas to go back for the 6-7 bucks.

Make sure to check your tanks!

Barracuda
    A hot fill is almost guaranteed if you expect to get a tank filled during surface interval. And if you have a hot fill, you are almost always guaranteed a short fill. They go hand in hand. Were you below or above 3000psi (I am assuming HP tanks)? Very few places around us CAN give a 3440 fill in temps we have been experiencing and especially if done in a 15 minute period.

The rudeness was bad. No arguments. But, the short fill is the nature of the beast when you drop off a tank and then hover around waiting for it.

Even to top it off, you have to let it cool first (takes time) and then ask for the top off.
    No one has ever retold valiant stories of logic - for all good stories are driven by emotion and the spirit.

Funeral Jorunna
    Yeah but a no fill you pay for really sucks.
    If you get confused listen to the music play.
    To much of everything is just enough.

Images
    Sorry to hear about the "rudenees" at the Boat Dock. I've heard this before and it seems to be hit and miss. How was the diving? We are planning a trip down there in September.

Snagel

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by gNats View Post
    A hot fill is almost guaranteed if you expect to get a tank filled during surface interval. And if you have a hot fill, you are almost always guaranteed a short fill. They go hand in hand. Were you below or above 3000psi (I am assuming HP tanks)? Very few places around us CAN give a 3440 fill in temps we have been experiencing and especially if done in a 15 minute period.

The rudeness was bad. No arguments. But, the short fill is the nature of the beast when you drop off a tank and then hover around waiting for it.

Even to top it off, you have to let it cool first (takes time) and then ask for the top off.
    We used to do 4 tanks at a time, took 15 minutes to fill them... combatant for the heat - fill to 3300... by the time it cools off, its between 3000 and 3100... What is so hard about that for anyone else? Now, if they were high pressure steels, I can see it being difficult to get 3800ish fill that cools off to 3500ish, but still...
    -cody / on vacation from vacation...
    PADI MSDT Instructor, US Coast Guard Captain - Master Near Coastal

Na these were AL80's we had filled.

Thanks for letting me whine for a bit.

Barracuda
    You're welcome!
    No one has ever retold valiant stories of logic - for all good stories are driven by emotion and the spirit.

Thread Information