Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Grand Cayman in mid-November

  1. #1
    Grouper
    Join Date
    09/17/2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    275

    Grand Cayman in mid-November

    What are typical water temps in Grand Cayman in mid-Nov?

  2. #2
    Grouper
    Join Date
    09/18/2007
    Location
    USA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    256
    Images
    3
    I'd like to know as well..

    2mm shorty going to be good? I used this last year in Bonaire in November and was more than fine.

  3. #3
    Grouper
    Join Date
    09/17/2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    275
    I'm planning on wearing a 1mm fullsuit unless I hear that the water may be under 80F.

  4. #4
    Grouper
    Join Date
    09/13/2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    366
    I would think that under the thermocline its in the high 70's I could be wrong though...

  5. #5
    Grouper
    Join Date
    09/17/2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by coralcrazed View Post
    I would think that under the thermocline its in the high 70's I could be wrong though...
    I'm surprised to hear that there is a thermocline at scuba diving depths. I've never encountered one (at least not one that I've noticed) in the caribbean before.
    Last edited by jo8243; 09-20-2007 at 15:53.

  6. #6
    Grouper
    Join Date
    09/13/2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by jo8243 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coralcrazed View Post
    I would think that under the thermocline its in the high 70's I could be wrong though...
    I'm surprised to hear that there is a thermocline at scuba diving depths. I've never encountered one (at least not one that I've noticed) in the caribbean before.
    I too am resistant to cold somewhat... but there are thermoclines that you will notice from time to time if paying attention. you can also see this if you wear a dive computer and temp drops all of the sudden in a matter of 3-4 feet to 5-6 degrees less than that above the thermocline. remember that the sun can not penetrate the dense sea air as it does air itself... saltwater is 800 times denser than air.

  7. #7
    Grouper
    Join Date
    07/31/2007
    Location
    Austin,TX
    Posts
    963
    This is a dive from Cayman last July. Temperature was a constant 84 degrees all the way down to 150. (Well it was 85 on the very surface )

    Viz was probably not much more than 100 feet either. Its a tough life
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ianr33; 09-20-2007 at 17:01.

  8. #8
    Grouper
    Join Date
    09/18/2007
    Location
    USA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    256
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ianr33 View Post
    This is a dive from Cayman last July. Temperature was a constant 84 degrees all the way down to 150. (Well it was 85 on the very surface )

    Viz was probably not much more than 100 feet either. Its a tough life
    What's that dive log program you're using on your Mac?

  9. #9
    Grouper
    Join Date
    07/31/2007
    Location
    Austin,TX
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by ccarter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ianr33 View Post
    This is a dive from Cayman last July. Temperature was a constant 84 degrees all the way down to 150. (Well it was 85 on the very surface )

    Viz was probably not much more than 100 feet either. Its a tough life
    What's that dive log program you're using on your Mac?
    It is from a Sensus Pro dive logger (now the Sensus Ultra)
    http://reefnet.ca/products/sensus/

    Real easy to use. I like mine a lot.

  10. #10
    Grouper Founding Member
    Join Date
    07/16/2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    342
    Water temp should be about 80 degrees. I wore a 3mm at Thanksgiving a couple of years ago at GC.
    RonC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hello from Grand Cayman
    By DLXM Cayman in forum Welcome to our Scuba Forum! Introduce Yourself!
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 13:33
  2. Grand Cayman Trip
    By bvdo123 in forum Trips & Travel
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 11:04
  3. Grand Cayman Island
    By tweek909 in forum Caribbean -> Central America
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 10:00
  4. Grand Cayman Island
    By tweek909 in forum Trips & Travel
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 18:14
  5. Grand Cayman
    By fire diver in forum Trips & Travel
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 21:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •