Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dive Rite Transplate Harness.. Anyone Diving This?

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by navyhmc View Post
    Good luck gNats! If you need it, I can give a hand..I've put 2 of them together now.
    Thanks Navy! The video and a remote control did the trick. I will say, once you do it, you will never forget. It's actually a slick piece of design work.
    No one has ever retold valiant stories of logic - for all good stories are driven by emotion and the spirit.

Megalodon
    Images
    I will admit I was thinking: Uh-oh, gNats has to read the instruction manual from Dive-Rite... She gonna be pissed and will probably give them a call to let them know her disdain. (recalling your technical writing days.)

BTW, my appelets are reversed too.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Barracuda
    That's exactly what it came down to Navy.

Follow up: I did a dive today at Oronogo to shake down gear. I am dialed in with these doubles. It was a great dive along the lines to the plane. I was solo, so wanted to stay within 40 feet. That was plenty enough to test trim.

The harness is FAN-TASTIC!!
    No one has ever retold valiant stories of logic - for all good stories are driven by emotion and the spirit.

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    LOL. I was out of town and saw one of your posts on FB from my I-phone. I saw "Dive Rite" and I KNEW it must have been the transplate harness. I was in Tally moving my daughter into her dorm, and I hate typing with my sausage fingers on that little teeny key pad and did not reply.

I bought transplate harness to rig one of my plates for my daughter. Those cartoon instructions are a joke. Pardon the pun. (sometimes I crack me up.)

I eventually gave up and used the Force. Got 'er done, then my daughter decided she did not like it. I ended up selling it and the plate. (I was afraid to unthread it. ) Too bad too as it was the best of all worlds for her.

Enjoy the new rig.
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

Barracuda
    Thanks Splitlip. I am calling Lamar tomorrow. I've never met him, but after the 5 hours I invested in that harness, I feel I am due. Dive Rite has a webpage called Dive Rite TV. It is well made video showing him putting this stuff together. Very good stuff. Had I known these videos existed, I would have spared myself an entire Friday afternoon.

Interesting... I have had two trasnplate harnesses. The first one was a PITA to assemble and sold it off when I sold that plate.
    The one I bought about 2 years ago was a little different (more pieces to it) and very easy to assemble compared to their original version.
    Wonder which one you got??
    "May all your bubbles reach the surface before you do!" http://www.divebuddy.com/Linda

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information