Thread: Zeagle stiletto corrugated hose

TadPole

Zeagle stiletto corrugated hose

So I have the octo Z on my stiletto and received a dive alert as a gift. I put the dive alert on and took the rig for a dive. Now the entire hose hangs down in front of me because of all that gear on it. Other than remove the dive alert(I like the safety feature) or add one of those self retractors(which I am not fond of for this application) the only other option I see is a shorter corrugated hose. I don't know if this is available from zeagle or if a chop is the option(I'll have to rework the dump cable, the Bx coupler, and ensure that the reg will reach my mouth) but it might really streamline things. I know the tech guys dive with much shorter corrugated hoses. I was looking for some input/comments and I hope Scott throws his 2 cents in. Thx in advance!!

Guppy
    Try zip tying the hose down? Doesn't the Dive Alert go inline with the lp hose?

Grouper Founding Member
    You can add a shorter corrugated hose, but if you have the pull dump hooked to the Octo-Z, you will also have to have a shorter cable - which means pretty much a complete new RE Assembly. We sell them in 16", 19" and 23" lengths, so see which one you currently have and you will know what options you have...

Grouper
    Kinda lost me on this one. I don't see what shortening the corrugated hose is going to do other than not being in front of you. It will now be bopping you in the head..or am I missing something. Keep in mind you will probably end up shortening the inflator hose as well.

Jacques,

You can certainly shorten up your hose if you wish in accordance with Scott's offerings. May I suggest that you try an ascent with your Octo Z to determine how much shorter you want to go? They always seem short when you need them.
    Chilly

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Jacques,

You can certainly shorten up your hose if you wish in accordance with Scott's offerings. May I suggest that you try an ascent with your Octo Z to determine how much shorter you want to go? They always seem short when you need them.
    Amen to that. Just one reason why I don't use one anymore. But to each his own.

Thread Information