Thread: retractable clip...

Guppy

retractable clip...

i will buy a console computer and i would like to have it on my shoulder, on my ow course i had it clipped it, but when i wanted to read it i have to unclipead and it is just a pain on the ass to do it... then i saw my instructor with a rectractable clip for his compass...

so what i want is my computer console hooked with retractable clip so i can just grabb it and pull it to watch my air and depth...

in your experience which retractable clip works best?

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by buton View Post
    i will buy a console computer and i would like to have it on my shoulder, on my ow course i had it clipped it, but when i wanted to read it i have to unclipead and it is just a pain on the ass to do it... then i saw my instructor with a rectractable clip for his compass...

so what i want is my computer console hooked with retractable clip so i can just grabb it and pull it to watch my air and depth...

in your experience which retractable clip works best?
    I can't recommend a brand because I'm looking for a new one myself. I've used a retractable clip for years. I recently had to replace my old one and I'm not happy with the new - even though my console is attached, it still dangles. Maybe I should say it "droops." Make sure whichever you buy keeps everything close to your body.
    "The sea is not out to get you. It does not even know you exist."

Best ones I have used is Gear Keeper

SCUBA-Locking Retractors

I have one on my Cobalt and it works great. Really like the pin on version.

+1 to Straegen, my wife has one for her console, over 2 years of use in fresh & salt water with no problems.

Grouper
    I agree, the wife & I both have the gearkeeper
    Say When....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Straegen View Post
    Best ones I have used is Gear Keeper

SCUBA-Locking Retractors

I have one on my Cobalt and it works great. Really like the pin on version.
    How about posting a pix of your Cobalt with the Gear Keeper attached? I checked the web site and it looks fairly substantial. I am thinking about putting one on my Cobalt too. What BC do you have and where do you clip it? I have been using a small Oceanic retractor ( about 10 years ) and I think it's time to upgrade. Which version did you get, basic, brass, deluxe, ss?

Sorry 'bout the thread hijack.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Wife and I both have something very similar to this: XS Scuba Mini Retractor Clip CL14 discounts on sale XS Scuba
    Mine is from Innovative Scuba Concepts (at least that is what it says on it) and it is the High Tension model - works great, has held up to 2 years of salt/fresh water diving without any issues.

I was recently looking at these though: Magnetic Hose Holder "Gold/Black", Piranha Dive Manufacturing

I like the idea a lot for securing my second stage instead of a bolt snap connected with an o-ring - but I'm not sure if it is a good idea for a console if you have a compass.
    -Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Zeagle Eagle View Post
    How about posting a pix of your Cobalt with the Gear Keeper attached? I checked the web site and it looks fairly substantial. I am thinking about putting one on my Cobalt too. What BC do you have and where do you clip it? I have been using a small Oceanic retractor ( about 10 years ) and I think it's time to upgrade. Which version did you get, basic, brass, deluxe, ss?
    I will post a pic of the setup later when I am home. I have a Zuma BC and I use the pin on Gear Keeper which is smaller than their big locking version but works fine with the Cobalt. I pin it onto the left side right by where the chest strap meets the arm strap. I use this model:

Consoles-Super Force Mini Retractor

I pulled the DRing off the Gear Keeper connector and used a TyRap to fasten it to the top bar of the Cobalt. Keeps the Cobalt nice and snug so it isn't dangling.

Thread Information