Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you want to train me or not?

Barracuda Founding Member
    So ScubaDoobyDo did you ever find another shop to do DM with?
    'in media stat virtus'
    Virtue's in the middle

Grouper
    Sounds like you have done the right thing by checking with another shop. By this time they should have done something with you.

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by cgvmer View Post
    So ScubaDoobyDo did you ever find another shop to do DM with?
    Yeah, you're listed as living in Allen... I know this really kick ass shop just a short trip across the George Bush....
    Some people are like a Slinky, not really good for anything but they do make you smile when you push them down stairs.

This sounds like a poorly run diveshop/training organisation. As a member of a PADI Go-Pro team teaching DM & IDC all year I can honestly say that you should move on. We engage our DM candidates on a daily basis, give them a clear schedule and we keep to it. Like someone else said, if they are advertising DM courses they should be able to run one. This looks like a clear lack of commitment to pro-level training IMHO. A DM course is demanding not only on the student, but also the Instructor, so maybe they are not up for the challenge!

Good luck with your DM. I hope it all works out for you!
    For genuine and FREE information on what it's like to be an instructor, how to become an instructor and FREE revision / study visit us www.diveinstructorlife.com

TadPole
    Well....I got a little busy! Yes, I did finally move on and worked with a shop that I had been diving with for a couple of years down in Panama, Central America. I completed my DM...went on to Instructor and I'm now working in the shop in Pedasi, Panama. Come visit me...I'd love to dive with you!

TadPole
    Awesome story! Glad to hear it worked out so well. Although I'm no where near experienced at all, I ran into the same problem with just basic dive training. Some shops made it hard to get a hold of them, and when I did, it seemed like I was a burden, and they would be doing me a favor teaching me. I moved on to a different shop and it was the best decision I made. I feel that if I'm not comfortable completely with the dive shop, I won't perform my best in the water, and that could be dangerous. I'll come check you out late this year, me and the wife are planning a trip around that area!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information