Thread: Howdy From Whacko---( umm Waco)

Howdy From Whacko---( umm Waco)

Hi
    This is actually my 2nd post. The first one is in the "job well done" section. I am a new diver. I just got certified last year by Dr.Hugh Riley and Friday i will be taking my 3rd annual trip to Bimini. Each year i get pumped up more about this trip. This year i have all new gear that i just bought. My wife has been certified since the '80s but considers herself a new diver because of lack of dives in a long while.
    Last year we Dove the Sapona, around Grand Issac's island and the KFC!! KFC is the special spot of our host Kevin. Kevin's Food Court! and man, you should see the variety of delicacies that abound there! And the abundance? "it jest makes ya wanna slap ya mamma" !
    I have been diving there with very experienced divers who know the area , Kevin and Kandy, and Ken our good friend(who my wife works with) who has been diving there since Odin grew a beard. They have kept a very good eye on us and we learn alot on every dive.
    I hope to meet and dive with some of you guys in the future. ( i have been reading posts on the board for a few months before joining)

Happy Diving
    Kraken

Guppy
    Welcome to the forum Kraken. I'm sure you will love Bimini =].
    Are you for SCUBA?

Welcome Kraken!! Nice to see a Whacko diver (umm Waco diver!) joining the forum!! Have a great time in Bimini!!

Hi Kraken, congrats on getting certified and enjoy Bimini!

Thanks Folks
    Tonite we are completely packed and i am astonished at how compactly we are ready this time. A couple of years ago we went on our first Ship cruse and i found that my dear wife had packed (((( 5)))) underarm deodorants!!! This trip we have 4 bags 2 of which will be checked and weigh under30# and 2 carry ons computer,ipad and a bag with meds,regulators and hair dryer. that is it . Awesome.
    Saturday morning i will be working out my neutral weight right off the canal dock before even going out for any dives. I am going to log it in my log book for future reference. Do i understand this correctly that i should do this with a mostly empty tank?

Kraken

Thread Information