Thread: Spinning-Out with Regulator Options! HELP!

TadPole

Spinning-Out with Regulator Options! HELP!

So ill be diving San Diego ocean waters, not really ice cold during the winter, just recreational diving.
    Really having a hard time deciding cuz dont have the option to try all these to see which breathes the best in comparison to one another... More importantly im a newbie to the sport.
    Give me some insight that may help me decide or just confuse me some more... ; )
    Atomic z2
    Oceanic Delta 4.2 / DF10
    Aqualung Titan LX or not
    Seen others really like the Zeagle FH7
    Any others in about the same price range that really shine when it comes to performance & quality?

Like the idea of free parts which would make servicing cheaper, on the Oceanic & Aqualung.
    Also heard some people have issues with the ACD as if water gets past the unit, its trapped & causes more problems then not having it at all???
    Thanks!

Grouper
    If you buy a well-known brand (Scubapro, Apex, Zeagle, Oceanic, DiveRite, Aqualung...) you won't have too many issues.

Unless you have lots of cash to spend, just buy a good solid workhorse reg. Personally, I favour DiveRite, but that's just an opinion. Top of the line regs have weird features that you probably won't need/use; I'm thinking of carbon/titanium etc...
    Cheers, TD.

Watch out for a marketing trick when it comes to anything 'free'. I have seen the following:

- Regulator #1 costs $50 to service and $18 in parts, total $68
    - Regulator #2 costs $90 to service and free parts, total $90

If you don't get it service ANNUALLY by an authorized service centre you void the warranty and no more free parts. So it becomes:

- Regulator #2 costs $90 to service and $30 in parts, total $120

or if you can get it serviced by a non-authorized service centre:

- Regulator #2 costs $50 to service and $40 in parts, total $90
    This signature left intentionally blank

Guppy
    Use the search function and you can get opinions on lots of different gear. Of course, trying one out is always the best
    Are you for SCUBA?

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlue1 View Post
    Use the search function and you can get opinions on lots of different gear. Of course, trying one out is always the best
    Ive searched & read most of them which is why I threw in the Zeagle FH7 but then again Also read that Joes wife dives a TUSA 130, she can have any reg she wants & she dives a inexpensive reg...
    Yes this was a post from 07, things may have changed.
    They may all be great & to the recreational diver, may not even notice the difference between any of them..
    BUT to someone in the industry between all the brands & models, the correct choice may be clear!
    Wish I had the knowledge to make the smarter choice, only want t buy a reg once & not be dissapointed or wish I would have went another direction.

Guppy
    I've got an Atomic Z2. It's great. Service is suggested every two years, but they wont drop your warranty if you don't get it serviced in that interval. The reg is a beast. Dives great in all temps and depths. I sorta wish I had gotten the Z2x to get the swivel feature, but it's not that big of a deal in the long run.

Thread Information