Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dry Boxes

Guppy
    Hmm. For two bucks more I will probably stick with the Otter. Seems like pressure wouldn't be all that much of an issue. I'm gonna not worry about it. Otter was my first choice, anyhow.

Grouper
    I have a couple of Otter Boxes. I use one for a cellphone when kayaking in the Bay. For freedving, I have a plastic necklace that I put the key on. No fear of it getting lost since it is on my chest with my wetsuit over it. When SCUBA diving, I have small pockets on my waist belt. The smaller box is kept in a pocket and the lanyard is tied off. I will have to look to see what I have in it. I think I was going to use it for a credit card or something.

Guppy
    Quote Originally Posted by cmburch View Post
    I have a couple of Otter Boxes. I use one for a cellphone when kayaking in the Bay. For freedving, I have a plastic necklace that I put the key on. No fear of it getting lost since it is on my chest with my wetsuit over it. When SCUBA diving, I have small pockets on my waist belt. The smaller box is kept in a pocket and the lanyard is tied off. I will have to look to see what I have in it. I think I was going to use it for a credit card or something.
    I wish there was just a really easy, small way to store my VW key. Stupid electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by Boardndave View Post
    I wish there was just a really easy, small way to store my VW key. Stupid electronics.
    try going to get a "valet key" or non electronic key from the hardware store and hide the key some where safe in the car. Or if you can do not bring it. Then take the key and clip it to your bc.

Guppy
    Quote Originally Posted by scubamarc View Post
    try going to get a "valet key" or non electronic key from the hardware store and hide the key some where safe in the car. Or if you can do not bring it. Then take the key and clip it to your bc.
    The VW key that I use is laser cut and needs a small signal to go from the key to the car :/. No luck there.

Grouper
    I stored my electronic key (alarm) in a UK flashlight for many months. Till one day it flooded. My wife told me to use the grey valet key to open the door and store the electronic key in the car. I do not know how VW works. If it is just for the ignition. If it is over a $100 key, I would not trust an Otter box for constant use with electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by Boardndave View Post
    The VW key that I use is laser cut and needs a small signal to go from the key to the car :/. No luck there.
    this is just an idea:
    Amazon.com: Master Lock 5400D Select Access Key Storage Box with Set-Your-Own Combination Lock, 1-Pack: Home Improvement

Grouper
    Another vote for otter box. I have also used Storm Cases for larger items. Not sure if they make a small one or not. I'm sure a google search would come up with something.

Guppy
    Wow. Didn't even think about that. Perfect idea. I can just hook it onto the bottom of my car...one of the tow locations.

Grouper
    I haven't seen one like that, thanks scubamarc. Knowing my luck I would leave the stupid thing on and get it snagged on something. If you have a trailer hitch there is the one that fits inside it. Hitch Safe, Key Storage Hitches, Hide Car Key, Auto Key Safe, Trailer Hitch Covers, Receivers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information