Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dry Boxes

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I haven't seen one like that, thanks scubamarc. Knowing my luck I would leave the stupid thing on and get it snagged on something. If you have a trailer hitch there is the one that fits inside it. Hitch Safe, Key Storage Hitches, Hide Car Key, Auto Key Safe, Trailer Hitch Covers, Receivers
    No problem. If the keys are in the box, i do not see how it will be snagged since the car will not be moving. ;-)

Guppy
    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I haven't seen one like that, thanks scubamarc. Knowing my luck I would leave the stupid thing on and get it snagged on something. If you have a trailer hitch there is the one that fits inside it. Hitch Safe, Key Storage Hitches, Hide Car Key, Auto Key Safe, Trailer Hitch Covers, Receivers
    I wish I had that option. I guess I will have to get a different car!

Quote Originally Posted by Boardndave View Post
    I wish I had that option. I guess I will have to get a different car!
    most cars have hooks on the front or back of the car for a tow truck chains. Look under the bumpers and there should be there. This would work.

Grouper
    Scubamarc, knowing me I would leave the lock box on and get it snagged. I forgot about the tow hooks...hhmmm. I have a magnetic box on my car now for an extra truck key and house key. I might just invest in one of the lock boxes and give it a whirl.

Grouper
    The hitch safe looks like a target. It may bring attention to the fact that there may be something locked inside. May be good for the petty larcenist, but not those involved in auto theft even with the dust cover hiding the dials.

Grouper
    Hadn't thought about that. I guess if they want in they will get in one way or another. Not having an ignition key won't stop a pro from starting your car, just slow him down.
    I was at the lock shop today and found a smaller version of the lock box. Didn't buy it but thought about this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by cmburch View Post
    The hitch safe looks like a target. It may bring attention to the fact that there may be something locked inside. May be good for the petty larcenist, but not those involved in auto theft even with the dust cover hiding the dials.
    If someone is going to take something, the window is easier to break that a combination lock.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by scubamarc View Post
    If someone is going to take something, the window is easier to break that a combination lock.
    Yes.

But if someone sees this they may think something of value is inside and it may attract unwanted attention to your vehicle.

Images
    I parked my Jeep on Gun Beach in Guam. I left the windows down and the doors unlocked because I knew it was a haven for thieves. They jimmied the door anyway and then broke into the glove box with a pry bar. It didn't even have a lock on it. Sumana Beaches.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Zeagle Eagle View Post
    I parked my Jeep on Gun Beach in Guam. I left the windows down and the doors unlocked because I knew it was a haven for thieves. They jimmied the door anyway and then broke into the glove box with a pry bar. It didn't even have a lock on it. Sumana Beaches.
    I do the same in New York City, the glass cost more than anything in the car. Take whatever you want, but please do not break anything.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information