Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Hollis "Game Changer" Explorer Sport Rebreather

Dominus Diabolus Urinatoris ST-Forum Mod DevilDiver's Avatar
    Images

Exclamation New Hollis "Game Changer" Explorer Sport Rebreather

DEMA 2011 in Orlando Florida, Hollis Gear will unveil a range of new products including a “game changer” in the world of Rebreather technology. “New divers are looking for innovative products that are allowing easier, safer and more enjoyable dives” according to Nick Hollis, President of Hollis Gear.

Hollis Gear and VR Technology have teamed up to launch the world’s most revolutionary piece of diving equipment since the BC.

The Explorer sport rebreather.

The Explorer is based on a patented design by Kevin Gurr from VR Technology. The unit is neither a fully closed circuit Rebreather nor a pure semi-closed system, but an intelligent hybrid that utilizes the best of both worlds. It’s compact, lightweight and extremely easy to use. The Explorer is unique in using a single gas; Nitrox, and is electronically controlled to achieve an optimal balance of PPO2 and dive time. Plug and Play absorbent cartridges, easy guided setup with “go or no go”, CO2 tracking, and 2 hour design duration make this a dream for any recreational diver. The Explorer diver will benefit from breathing warm gas, have lots of bottom time, and since it does not produce any invasive bubbles, see more sea life than ever before. Yes, this unit is designed to meet the PADI Type R requirement.

Bob Hollis, CEO of Hollis Gear and American Underwater Products working with Kevin Gurr from VR has taken the design from the ground up, into a package complete with regulator, cylinder, BCD and onboard decompression computer. The Explorer is ready to dive out of the box and at an amazing price given the technology and cost of alternative systems in the market.

Be sure and stop by the Hollis Gear booth (#1747) to check out all the new products on display including our new range of canister lights, final updates on the Prism 2 Rebreather, SMS sidemount systems, and more.
    DevilDiver

Megalodon
    Images
    Oh, how I wish I could go to DEMA...if only once.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Images
    DEMA needs to open the convention to the public.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Barracuda Founding Member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeagle Eagle View Post
    DEMA needs to open the convention to the public.
    No it doesn't; there are plenty of shows around the world (and the US) that are open to the general public.

DEMA is for dive professionals, people who are instructors, own shops, contract travel packages and the like. The general public has no need to be at a trade-only venue.
    John Lewis--the PlatypusMan!

Grouper
    It will be interesting to see where the RB world goes in the next couple of years. I was thinking of trying the Posideon rebreather earlier this year but things didn't work out. An old instructor of mine did try one and said he liked it a lot but wasn't interested in buying one.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatypusMan View Post
    No it doesn't; there are plenty of shows around the world (and the US) that are open to the general public.

DEMA is for dive professionals, people who are instructors, own shops, contract travel packages and the like. The general public has no need to be at a trade-only venue.
    Why not?
    --Zeagle Eagle

Grouper
    Images
    Perhaps because in trade only venues, the distributors/instructors are checking out what new merchandise will be available from the equipment manufacturers and the equipment manufacturers see spending time and cutting deals with the people who might buy hundreds of a particular product more beneficial than answering every two word question that pops into the mind of the "public" attendees who most likely will not buy anything, either that or they just don't want to socialize with you, either way
    Rick

Barracuda Founding Member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeagle Eagle View Post
    Why not?
    A trade-only venue allows an industry to negotiate it's business without an unwanted and unneeded public scrutiny and second-guessing. Are you privy to what happens during the meetings of the Retail Jewelers of America, for example?

Another aspect is that there are seminars and training venues at industry events that are only suitable for and of interest to those actually IN that industry--the general public has no place in them.
    John Lewis--the PlatypusMan!

Grouper
    I do have to agree even though I've never been to DEMA. I have gone to several trade shows that are closed to the public and they are totally different. The most popular public booths are usually packed and you can't get any info if you want to be a dealer. Totally sucks

Images
    Yeah, but I want to go to DEMA! (Throwing myself on the ground and wailing while kicking feet and swinging arms.)
    Guess I will have to buy an LDS.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information