Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Diving Story/Location

TadPole

Favorite Diving Story/Location

This is supposed to be a diving/diving equipment forum. It looks more like a compilation of locker room grafiti. So, in the spirit of diving, how about we share experiences from diving locations around the world. Good, Bad, Scary, Enlightening, or whatever. Tell us where you have been and what you have seen.

Grouper Founding Member
    Once, I was diving with this really nice lady from Australia. We were waiting for the boat, and I noticed that she hadn't tightened her light very tightly, so I graciously tightened it just a tidge more, becauseI didn't want it getting loose underwater or leaking or anything. I felt so chivalrous and manly, that's what made the dive memorable for me!

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by debay View Post
    This is supposed to be a diving/diving equipment forum. It looks more like a compilation of locker room grafiti. So, in the spirit of diving, how about we share experiences from diving locations around the world. Good, Bad, Scary, Enlightening, or whatever. Tell us where you have been and what you have seen.
    Son, you are in the men's locker room when you enter the Man Laws forum. You wanna talk diving,you may wish to go to the Surface Inteval or Scuba forum areas. Got any good fart jokes?

Quote Originally Posted by JahJahwarrior View Post
    Once, I was diving with this really nice lady from Australia. We were waiting for the boat, and I noticed that she hadn't tightened her light very tightly, so I graciously tightened it just a tidge more, becauseI didn't want it getting loose underwater or leaking or anything. I felt so chivalrous and manly, that's what made the dive memorable for me!
    I commend your chivalry, good sir.

However, next time she sees you, she may smack you upside the head to ensure you don't come near her gear again.
    rick

Grouper
    Images
    Here's a dive story that I bet many haven't experienced. About two years ago while in Key Largo, I was in my hotel room and getting my photo gear ready. I had my strobe in my lap (brand name withheld to protect the guilty) and turned the switch to make sure the batteries were still strong. The ready light just turned red when BOOM the strobe exploded. The force of the explosion was strong enough to blow the battery pack across the room in one direction and the len/lamp assembly flew into the wall in the opposite direction. It made a very nice dent in the wall at the hotel which was about three feet away from where I was sitting. Fortuneatly, no one was hurt, the hotel was getting ready to remodel so didn't mind the dent and the strobe manufacture sent me a new one.

Grouper Founding Member
    OK
    "in the spirit of diving" AND keeping within the rules of the Man Law forum:

My first time on a diving boat, choppy waters, got done with the last dive of the day, I was the first one out of the water, sat down on the bench to remove my gear, all of a sudden, my lunch came out. I'd been feeling queasy but had managed to hold it in until then.

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by BobArnold8265 View Post
    Here's a dive story that I bet many haven't experienced. About two years ago while in Key Largo, I was in my hotel room and getting my photo gear ready. I had my strobe in my lap (brand name withheld to protect the guilty) and turned the switch to make sure the batteries were still strong. The ready light just turned red when BOOM the strobe exploded. The force of the explosion was strong enough to blow the battery pack across the room in one direction and the len/lamp assembly flew into the wall in the opposite direction. It made a very nice dent in the wall at the hotel which was about three feet away from where I was sitting. Fortuneatly, no one was hurt, the hotel was getting ready to remodel so didn't mind the dent and the strobe manufacture sent me a new one.
    Dude, my lap hurts hearing that story...

Barracuda Founding Member
    Well, that's one big plus of warm water locations. Generally the women are wearing less material.

I know my buddy was dying when we were in Cozumel over July 4th over all the women at the beach during our SI in bikinis.

I've heard good things about Diving and the women in Curacao as well.

Grouper

Breathtaking

I dived with two adult Humpback Whales in Ha'apai, Tonga - absolutely amazing.
    "Due to budget constraints the light at the end of the tunnel will be switched off".

Grouper
    Here's a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Due to budget constraints the light at the end of the tunnel will be switched off".

Barracuda Founding Member
    this is man laws... it has nothing to do with diving... the posts in here dont even count... so that means they dont have to have anything to do with diving.
    Danilo

If anyone has the winning lottery numbers for next week, please send me a PM with those numbers.
    Thanks.
    -Black-Gorrilla!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information