Thread: DiveCaddy Travel System

TadPole

DiveCaddy Travel System

Does anyone know where I can get a DiveCaddy from in South Africa, a friend of mine bought one in the US and I would like to buy one for my Thailand Liveaboard.

Megalodon
    Images
    Have you thought about contacting Dive Caddy directly? They are usually very prompt on relying. I also have one and love it!

www.divecaddy.net

DiveCaddy - Contact (there is information on international buying.)

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

TadPole
    Many thanks have sent them an email. Do you have one and what do you think of it.

Images
    I don't have one, but it looks very interesting. Several years ago, there were several threads on the forum about this. I know a couple members purchased it.

Not so sure in today's air travel if you can get by with this as a carry-on due to size and weight restrictions of carry ons. I just packed my gear for a trip in a traditional dive bag and it is 45 pounds gear alone and no clothes.

Snagel

Megalodon
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jac.miller View Post
    Many thanks have sent them an email. Do you have one and what do you think of it.
    I have one and I like it for trips that I don't want to risk losing my gear to the airline gods.

The pros: I does exactly what they say: carries all your gear and will fit in the carry-on space. Sometimes you may find you have to remove the turtle case to get it to fit, but it does fit. It is handy and comforting to know all your gear is with you the whole time.

The cons: It can get a little heavy if you have to carry it for a while: my gear was about 35-40 pounds and while not a significant load, got heavy after carrying around DFW for 3 hours getting moved from gate to gate. Packing it is a part feng shui and part jigsaw puzzle and there is a definite learning curve to putting gear in it, Also, being able to open it up and then close it into the same dimensions and shape takes some learning as well, so a little practice is in order. (But the bonus is that if things don't go back together with the same shape and weight, you notice and relaize you didn't pack somehting in it that you should have...)

To date, I've not had an issue with carrying it on.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

I had one but the original was a bit too long and had to be put in cross ways on most flights. Doesn't work very well in many airplanes. If you aren't doing the carry on thing, it was pretty nice depending on how much your gear weighs.

Thread Information